See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I don't mind cheap places when I need to make a budget stretch, but this "motel" disgusted me beyond words. It felt more like I was staying in a filthy cell than a room I paid money for. This place made my skin crawl and I wouldn't stay here again if I was paid to. Honestly, I'd sooner take my chances sleeping in my car on the street. Expedia should be ashamed to even sell this property.

Checking in was tedious because you have to be buzzed into the office/front-desk area by the person at the front-desk. When I arrived a couple was in the office checking in and I was made to stand outside (in the unusually cold November SoCal was having at the time) the entire time they checked in, despite the fact that the person working the front desk saw me outside when I arrived. It just appeared that I simply wasn't allowed in until he finished checking in the other people. So I had to wait through their entire check in and then wait as he trained his young daughter how to use the computer while checking me in.

Once in my room, things only got worse. The entire room was smaller than the second bedroom of my tiny apartment and the floor felt disgusting to the point that I avoided walking on it in bare feet or even just my socks. The bathroom was filthy and everything looked like it was decades old. There wasn't an outlet of any kind in the bathroom for plugging in a hairdryer, and the outlet closest to the one mirror in the entire room (next to the bed) didn't work. So I had to plug my hairdryer into the opposite wall and lean sideways as far as the cord would stretch to try to catch glimpses of myself in the mirror as I went. And the wi-fi password that I was given didn't work at all but the manager/front-desk person had been so uninterested in customer service when I checked in I didn't even bother calling up to see if it could be fixed.

The room and the area smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, almost chokingly so, which didn't help the feeling of the room/motel. Everything just felt and looked dirty, seedy, and scary. I made sure to pull absolutely everything out of my car when I went into my room, and kept all of my belongings packed in my bag the entire time. Though, there isn't any cleaning/bed-making/anything done to the rooms during the stay, so at least there wasn't any in or out of employees or leaving of a room door open while they cleaned.

I needed to check out very early in the morning to get on the road home and the entire front desk area was locked down and dark when I approached it. It took awhile for someone to come to the window when I rang the bell, and when he did, he was in pajamas. Based on the kitchen/living area I saw through the door in the office when checking in, I'm pretty sure that the owner/manager lives onsite in the office with his family.

Also of note - the motel's site states fridges and microwaves and amenities so I brought food for my stay, but apparently only a few rooms have those, and mine wasn't one, so all of my food went to waste.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank J W
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I woke up with three 1 cm bites on right side upper chest and two on right arm. I didn't ask for my money back, I just told the manager to make sure to get rid of what ever insect I was bitten by and he denied any possibility that his room could have insects. If I hadn't been running late, I would have never settled because way overpriced even without the insect bites.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Water (both hot n cold) stopped running during middle of shower without any prior notice. Manager said it was due to renovation without apology, when I complained. So I asked to cancel and refund on my 2nd night, manager agrees, however when the site I booked contact manager, he refuses even though I have already checked out upon agreement. I ended up wasting my time calling them back and forth, money for a night because I needed another hotel. What a nightmare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HereforBusiness
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would not stay here again unless I had to. The neighborhood was not that nasty and I saw neither prostitutes nor insects. But the bathroom was filthy, the management was unfriendly, and I would not have been able to sleep without headphones (thanks to the drone of traffic from the highway overpass that is very close to the hotel). The chains on Colorado Blvd are a better bet (esp. the Howard Johnsons) if you're willing to pay just a little bit more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank willis0126
Reviewed August 12, 2012

1 The price is reasonable
2 The services is good
3 They provide wifi and cable
4 Tv is new and big
5 The bed is big and comfortable...............................
...................................
..........................................................................................................

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple