“Tasty and Nutritious”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Tasty and Nutritious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Green Earth Vegan Cafe was a pleasant surprise. First let me say that I am not a vegan, not even a vegetarian, but I find it hard to find healthy food when traveling so often seek out vegetarian food. After a greasy carnivores lunch my husband and I decided to have a light, healthy dinner and the Green Earth Vegan Cafe was just what we needed.

We split an order of Spring rolls with peanut sauce, the Green Curry Tofu and Vegetables with brown rice and a Strawberry/Banana Smoothie. The Spring rolls and sauce were excellent, the curry (which was designated with one chili pepper on the menu) was tasty, but had no kick whatsoever, which was just what I was looking for that day; but be aware that it is not like a green curry you'd encounter at most Thai restuarants. The sauce was flavorful and vegetables cooked, but not overcooked. The vegan smoothie basically icy strawberry and banana. A nice light desert. There was plenty of food to feed the two of us, the portions would be have too much for one person.

The atmosphere is pleasantly serene in a minimalist style. Service was attentive and helpful.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank sdtravelertoo

Lexington, Virginia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I were out in Pasadena for the Tournament of Roses Parade. Dad saw the sign saying Green Earth and said let's check it out! OMG the food is amazing! Loved the atmosphere, service and portions along with the price too! I eat vegan because of food allergies and would recommend this restaurant to anyone vegan or not! You have to go and see for yourself how wonderful the food tastes!

1 Thank SWTJRSYGRL
Lexington, KY
“Several good meals, one so-so”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went with group of 8, and most of us were very pleased with our food. But a couple of us went "safe" and got the grilled tofu sandwich, I think it was a "sprout" sandwich and the tofu was so overcooked it was very tough.

But it was very nice for the vegan/vegetarians in the group to have so many choices.

Go, and don't pick something safe: try something creative.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BluegrassJayhawk
Boston, MA
“THE BEST MEAL !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food here was INCREDIBLE!!! Huge portions, very fresh and clean., delightful mix of textures and complex flavors. Whether you are vegan or not this restaurant is a find! Also, and this really makes it perfect, amazingly low prices!

• Visited December 2012
Winchester, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have just returned from Southern California visiting my daughter at Scripps College. We stumbled upon Green Earth Vegan Cafe this past Saturday. It was a great find. I am not a vegan or a vegetarian. My daughter is a fairly loose vegetarian. We both loved it. The food was excellent and well balanced. The service was excellent and the small restaurant is beautifully designed in a way that is calming in itself. As it happened I left my credit card there and the next day when I returned to get it on my way to the airport I opted to eat there again. Fantastic lasagne and great service. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012