“Delightful stay ...”

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Bronx, New York
“Delightful stay ...”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We spent three months at the hotel for business - May, June and July 2011 in a very comfortable, clean suite with kitchenette. The friendly, efficient staff went out of their way to make sure our stay went as smoothly as possible. And it did !! Having internet access in both the rooms and lobby (complete with printing capabilities) just made working that much easier. The knowledgeable and ever friendly staff quickly acquainted us to the hotel, Pasadena and the surrounding areas ... it felt like home in no time!! Plus no breakfast to prepare, a nice pool etc ... it was like a dream come true!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I just got back from another wonderful 10 day stay at the Vagabond. The staff here is second to non - when I arrive, they make me feel like I am home! What can I say, everything was perfect! One evening I even had a BBQ with 8 friends at the pool, which turned out awesome!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lvleopard
Napa, California
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Check in went smooth even though we arrived well after 10 PM.
Room clean, comfortable, bathroom great, big TV and functional A/C.,Small refrig. and microwave.
Ample parking front and back.In fact our room overlooked back parking lot and was very quiet.
Out front--bus that went downtown (main street Colorado) and stops at Norton Simon Art Museum. (This is across from Wells Fargo bank and big safeway store with great deli)
Had washer ad dryer on 3rd. floor., ice machine on 2nd. Steps out front and elevator inside. Computer in lobby that we used to get boarding pass with no charge.
Most impressive breakfast-make your own waffles (syrup and strawberry sauce)3 types fruit, 2 types yogurt, 2 juices, coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, 3 cold cereals., donuts, sweet rolls, muffins.
For those who crave Starbucks, it is 3 blocks up and one over from motel through quiet residential neighborhood.
Nice pool - but did not have time to use it..
When I go back to Pasadena I will certainly stay here.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking back parking lot--quiet!
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I would recommend this facility to anyone taking the California Bar Exam in Pasadena.
The location is a perfect distance from the testing facility. Walking to the convention center is a refreshing 10 or 15 minute joy and after each days testing, the setoff from the test center is perfect for avoiding distraction from other examinees in a social frenzy around the convention center.

The staff is very cordial as well. One gentleman (manager?) was around both times that I stayed for the Bar Exam (7-10 and 2-11). He was like an old pal around the place. All the other staff was perfectly professional and helpful.

The breakfast was perfect for good nutrition needed in a stressful and demanding situation such as the Bar Exam.

Thanks for everything!

PS: I passed the bar!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank notrav8
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We were attending a wedding in Pasadena and we stayed at this lovely hotel. What a gem.
It's clean and well run. The staff was very attentive. The manager Dave went out of his way to help us with a few last minute things we had to get done.
The rooms are beautiful, clean with all the things you would need, hair dryer, refrigerator, microwave, coffee and a huge TV!!!
The breakfast in the morning was wonderful and they have a free local newspaper too, which my husband loved. Also had a computer in the lobby that we could use for free.
We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Pasadena.

2 Thank BW_DL
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I've been trying to make a reservation for two days to this place. I need to verify their pet policy before I book online. I've called numerous times and no one picks up the phone. Do they have the wrong phone number posted or are they too busy due to their #1 ranking (which frankly I think might be a scam)

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
dcatain1, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
I am very sorry that you were not able to speak with the hotel directly, the hotel's policy is to answer all phone calls within 3 rings which we had failed to do so in your case.
This matter i staken very seriously by me and i will personally be monitoring my front desk agents more often. The hotel does allow pets for a minimal charge. Regarding the reviews the hotel has received they are from our guests who have stayed in the hotel only and not by anyone else.If you would like to make a reservation please give me a call and ask for the General Manager my name is Dave Catain i will be more than happy to help you with your reservation. Once again I'm very sorry for the negligence from my front desk agents.

Sincerely

Dave Catain
Fremont, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Pretty good place to stay. Romm was clean and bed was comfortable. It is close to Interstates and there are many restaurants were close. Breakfast was ok but could use an upgrade. At $99.35 senior rate total in a major city this is a good value.

1 Thank bmski