“Cant really think on any reasons not to stay there.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena

Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Umea, Sweden
“Cant really think on any reasons not to stay there.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

An excellent establishment trough and through.

The staff is friendly and forthcoming and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The place is well situated close to everything; city center, freeway and Caltech alike.

Only downside is that the wi-fi is somewhat unpredictable. I´d wish for a solution with WEP instead.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
Souther California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

So I needed a room - one night only - for a special event in LA,
I like staying in Pasadena sine - well - it's Pasadena right?

I look at the usual booking sites - all expensive and / or sold out - then I try tripadvisor and see this Vagabond Inn ranked #1.

Yeah right - Mr. Patel's extended family goosing the reviews by lavishing praise on a cheap motel.

- I got in touch via phone twice before my arrival and both times very quick, very professional and curious service (with no accent). Hummm
- Entered the lobby and was greeted by a crisp clean professional behind the desk in a lobby was clean, new and inviting. Hummmmm
- Got my key and completed check-in lightning quick. Hummmm
- Find my door, slide my key, open - and am looking at a fresh new room. Bathroom is sharp, clean, and easily found in rooms costing 4 times the amount. The room is spacious, the large flat screen HD TV work great, a coffee maker sitting atop the refrigerator. Wow.
- Rushed out to my event - came back late only to realize I forgot my cell phone charger! I cal the front desk - the night clerk offers his own charger (if I promise to bring it back..)
- Help myself to a wonderful breakfast and fresh coffee the next morning.

Don't let the name or the daily rate (I paid $71.99) fool you. This place rocks. Without hesitation I'd recommend to anyone needed a quiet clean place to stay.

I'll be back....so don't tell anyone Okay? If word gets out the rates will double! It'll still be worth it though....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Roadman12345
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

I had a lovely time staying in this hotel. The front office people are extremely courteous. They give you good insights as to what activities a person can do in and around the place. The Manager was also very personable and friendly. The facilities were decent.
If I do come back to Pasadena next, I will probably stay again at this place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ontario,Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

What a great place to stay! Facility was clean, manager was very personable and helpful and they had a good continental breakfast. Couldn't ask for anything more. It was great value for the money. Look forward to returning again

• Stayed May 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

It was my first time in the US and I'd been travelling alone for many weeks so was more than usually anxious about the quality of my accommodation. My stay at the Vagabond Executive Inn provided a very welcoming introduction, and I can heartily recommend it. Front desk staff were always very courteous and friendly, and genuinely helpful even with odd queries. The front desk was staffed 24 hours a day, which could be useful if you were coming in/leaving early or late. The complimentary 'continental' breakfast seemed to me of a very reasonable quality, with much choice, and the breakfast room, though small, was neat and well appointed. The room was clean and spacious, came with a microwave and bar fridge, which is always handy and the bathroom was nice and spacious. There were a number of extra facilities, such as iron and ironing board and heated swimming pool, as well as free wifi and printing, to increase the comfort of the stay. I think I got a deal on the hotel website, around $90/night, which seemed to me to be very good value for money for such a nice double room in that area. Being on Colorado Blvd. traffic noises could be quite loud in the morning if one was hoping to sleep in (which I wasn't so this suited me fine). I was given a ground floor corner room right next to the office, so perhaps that sheltered it from some of the road noise. I liked that it opened directly onto the front carpark, rather than one of the upstairs corridors, but that is probably just personal preference. I also liked the location of the hotel - very suitable for me as a visitor to the Huntington research library. Though it is away from central Pasadena, there are a number of acceptable little eateries about - try Andy's for breakfast/lunch - and a supermarket and cinema within walking distance, not to mention various other shops: office supplies, electronics, and one of LA's best secondhand bookshops.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Free WiFi! Seems like a lot of places are charging for internet now. I won't stay any where that doesn't offer internet for free. Great staff, clean property, great breakfast. The heated pool was a treat! Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed April 2011
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Vagabond in Pasadena, and I must say, it was a great experience all the way around. The rooms were very clean, and neat, and comfortable, the swimming pool was a plus, heated for year round swimming.

The staff was most personable as was the Management, all making me feel very welcome and at home, The Continental Breakfast that was offered was over the top and superior to any I have experienced in my other stays during my other business trips.

It is very centrally located making it very easy to get to all my business meetings during my stay in Southern California. I recommend The Vagabond Pasadena to anyone looking to experience a most pleasurable experience be it business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business