I wish I did not have to write this review. However, maybe my recent experience will keep others from having a similar negative experience . I chose this as the host hotel for my out of town wedding guest. To be fair, the woman who sold me on the original quote (Grethel) was very nice and courteous. That is where the positive service ended. After we moved forward, we were not able to get in contact with her again. As our guest called in to make their room reservations, they were told there were no reserved rates. I had to call in numerous times, sit on hold numerous times, while the clerks searched their computer systems (which were often "down") to retreive our reserved rate information. I chose to look past this reoccuring inconvenience.
The final straw was when one of my guest called me to ask if I was aware that the hotel was going to be under construction during their stay. I just knew she was mistaken, however when I called my sales rep, they did confirm it would be. NO ONE called me to inform me of this major change. When I expressed concern about this, the hetel Operations Manager non-chalantly shrugged it off saying "they would be emailing guest about the construction in the future."
Growing extremely dismayed by the lack of concern or service I asked, why was I not informed of the construction when we booked the hotel? To this inquiry this is what I was told...
"When you booked we did not know if the construction would affect the dates you were inquiring to stay. If we had told you about the construction, and you chose to go with a different hotel, and the construction did not take place during your stay after all, then we would have both lost out."
I was shocked. To this I responded, so instead of informing me of the possibility of construction, which IS affecting my guest dates, now *I* just lose???" Again, in a very non chalant way he just responded, "the construction shouldnt matter, it is he customer service they will receive that will make the difference."
I was astounded. When I followed up with my concerns not only about the construction but about the customer service, although the General Manager had a bit more information in regards to the construction, he just said, "If you are not okay with the construction, (the lobby will be torn out, the front end closed and guest sent around to the back to check in, the resteraunt area closed. The lounge area in the hotel, closed. etc.) feel free to move all of your reserved guest to another hotel."
I WISH WE COULD! To quote the Courtyard Marriot's Operations Manager, seems "I lose again", because although we had comprable rates at other area hotels at the time I chose to go with Pasadena's Courtyard Marriott because of it's asthetic appeal, now all the other area hotel rates are $70.00 -160.00 higher at this late date. We are stuck were we are unless I inconvenience my guest further more by asking them to change reservations AND pay more in the process.
To anyone reading this, stay far away from booking this hotel if you care at all about customer service and peace and quiet for the duration of your paid stay. (after all, who knows when they will be doing construction again..)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town is located in the heart of Old Pasadena. This Southern California jewel of the Los Angeles area has everything you want in a modern but historic city. Home of the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and college football's Rose Bowl Stadium, home of UCLA Bruins home games, Pasadena is where you want to be in the Los Angeles area. The Courtyard by Marriott® Pasadena Old Town is an upscale full service 314 unit hotel featuring deluxe guest rooms and executive suites with complimentary high-speed Internet access. The Paseo Colorado outdoor shopping plaza is five blocks from this city center hotel. Nearby golfing includes the Annandale, Brookside, and Eaton Canyon courses. Other attractions such as Universal Studios Hollywood®, Santa Anita Race Park, Dodger Stadium, the Staples Center, and Huntington Gardens are easily accessed. The Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town keeps you comfortable, convenient and connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Old Pasadena Hotel Pasadena
- Courtyard Pasadena
- Courtyard Los Angeles Old Pasadena
- Pasadena Courtyard
- Pasadena Marriott