All reviews rose bowl fair oaks within walking distance sink area self park valet parking parking structure nice lobby restaurants and shops fire pit starbucks coffee colorado blvd two blocks the norton simon museum definitely stay here again per day los angeles
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past for work and always loved the location, look and feel as a business traveller. This time, we stayed over Memorial Day weekend for my son's 1st Basketball tournament, who's 6 years old. When I called to confirm my room, I happen to mention it to Zaira who answered the phone. When we arrived, there was a very special kid friendly welcome basket with a personalized note wishing him good luck on his 1st tournament. My son was so surprised that the hotel knew about his tournament and it made him feel extra special. My son spent the entire weekend talking to everyone from the delicious Bistro to the Front Desk, Concierge and everyone was extremely friendly! The rooms are very spacious, had a mini fridge and microwave, parking was very convenient and breakfast was delicious! Healthy options for adults and the kids French toast which was a big hit for my boys. I would definitely
recommend this hotel and I'm so thankful for how very special you made our little basketball player feel!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 255mariellag
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Thank you so much for including us in your Memorial Day travel plans. Success at basketball takes a lot of concentration and focus, so getting in the right frame of mind is important. I am glad to hear that we were able to help in some small way. We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

I was in the LA area for the first time and stayed here. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Restaurant had good food at reasonable prices. Room was clean and well appointed with a nice view. I will stay here again

Trip type: Traveled on business
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate it. Glad to hear that your time spent in our hotel was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you next time travels bring you in this direction.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

We stayed here over a weekend to take my daughter & niece to the BTS concert at the Rose Bowl Stadium. The hotel was nice and the staff friendly. They had a BTS photo booth set up and snacks (cookies, popcorn, candy, etc..) set out in the early afternoon before the concert. It was well appreciated by the BTS Army.

They have a Starbucks in the lobby which has the usual coffee as well as a breakfast buffet. They also had breakfast sandwiches and burritos which you purchased through Starbucks. The breakfast sandwiches are hotel made and not the regular Starbuck items. They served lunch which was purchased at Starbucks as well. We had breakfast and lunch which was pretty good. The hotel is also walking distance to a bunch of restaurants.

Self-parking is $19 a night, and valet is $24. When checking in, pull up to the front of the hotel, check-in, then park on the garage level that your hotel room is on. Each garage level has access to the hotel via hotel key. If your hotel room is on the 4th floor, park on the 4th floor, etc. to save yourself some time from having to enter the hotel and then getting on the elevator to the appropriate floor.

A special thank you to Wayland at the hotel for providing the shuttle info, giving me a map and showing me where to get onto the shuttle to the Rose Bowl Stadium. It's a 2 block walk to the shuttle. The shuttle was definitely the best way to get to the Rose Bowl Stadium as they go through streets that are blocked off for them. Cost is $10 round trip and they have employees set up to collect payment on N. Pasadena and Holly St where all the shuttles are waiting. I noticed a lot of people parking in the lots there and getting on the shuttle as well. Coming out of the stadium, you get on the shuttle in the same area where you were dropped off. Thousands of people got on the shuttle after the concert and the line was long but well organized. The lines were continuously moving and the shuttles were continuously picking up the passengers. I asked how many shuttles were being used after the concert and they said they had 34 shuttles running. If you walk from the hotel to the stadium which was our original plan, it’s about a 40 min walk.

We had a nice stay and would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 703sabrinac
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Thank you so much for staying with us during the recent concert at the Rose Bowl. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

My wife brought my teenage daughter to see the BTS Rose Bowl concert and used this hotel because it is nearby. The hotel did a great job being ready for the concert- free food, shuttles and a free photo booth. This enhanced the experience.

What really made a difference was Janeen McClain. She personally verified a room was ready and that they were set for breakfast. We have stayed at some extraordinary hotels across the world and her customer service exceeds what we have experienced.

I hope the management takes note of these reviews and gives her the recognition she deserves.

Potential guests should consider this hotel for any Rose Bowl event.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that your wife and daughter had a fun time and that we were able to enhance the experience. We do share all reviews with our team with the goal of continuous improvement.
We will absolutely recognize all mentioned in this review and in fact just read your note out loud in our staff meeting this morning. So thank you again.

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Room was spacious and clean. The layout of the hotel was not convenient. It was shaped in a squared off U with the elevators at the far end of the U --- got lots of steps which is good but not convenient. Probably won't return

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your inconvenience. I am sorry that this was your experience. Extra steps can be awesome but only if you have time and the inclination to put them in.
We should have done a much better job at communicating that we have three elevators not two. One at each end of the U shaped building and one right in the middle. We tend to direct guests to the closest elevator to their room. Perhaps we should re-think that.
We appreciate your feedback and again hope to do a better job at communicating effectively.