“Totally enjoyed my stay”

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Kennett Square, Pa.
“Totally enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Totally enjoyed my stay here. Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
courtyardpasadena, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review, March 13, 2009
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property.
Although we are very proud of our location and hotel overall, we are most proud of our outstanding team. We've been fortunate to have team members whose goal is to always be helpful to our guests. We do not have all of the answers, but we have a dedicated team that always tries to find them all.
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Stayed at the Marriott Oct 5th to Oct 10th for work. The first night checking in was a pain, the front desk person was new and didn't know how to process my credit card, so after about 30 min on the phone with my boss back in Minnesota the credit card suddenly worked after I said i was just going to go to another hotel. In the moring when i tried to order room service for breakfast the told me that they do not do breakfast, but when i made the reservations they had said they do. When i talked to the hotel manager in teh morning, who was very nice, he told me they will do breakfast if the resturant is not to busy, so i had to go down and get my own breakfast each morning and bring it back to my room. Which is not a big deal but when you have to get up and leave in the morning the last thing i wanted to do is that, and that is why i wanted a hotel that was capable of breakfast room service. I will say the dinner each night was very good. The last two days while I was gone, both my suitcases where gone thru, I could tell beacuse I keep my clothes organized in a certain way. When i had gotten back i noticed one of my suitcases had been moved and when i looked in side I could tell things were different. Nothing was missing so not a big deal, but when I talked to the Manger he never really questioned it, and just appolgized which was fine but he acted like these kind of things happen. Also the first night the towels in my room were very dirty and had been used, and the sheets needed to be changed. They were taken care of when I called the front desk but its just the fact of the matter. I travel about six or seven times a year for work and when I pick out a hotel I expect them to be nice, I don't know maybe my standers are to high, but i don't think so.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Frozenfoot
Thank you for your review and letting us know about your stay with us. We've been able to learn from these items and move forward as a hotel in several different departments.
We ensure that our Front Desk receives extensive training in our back office, now, prior to ever coming to the Desk to interact with our guests and possibly cause a challenge which leads to inconvenience.
With regards to room service being available for breakfast, we've gone through our website to ensure information is correct there and followed up with our reservations team to ensure they are providing accurate information.
Our housekeeping team has made extensive progress in ensuring that we leave our occupied guest rooms exactly as we found them, when providing daily housekeeping services. With the exception to the room being cleaned to the highest standards, we ensure that all guest belongings are exactly as when our guest left for the day.
Also, we just received an inspection from an outside service that inspects all Marriott properties, and were able to score a 96% overall that includes Front Office, Restaurant, Engineering and Housekeeping.
Please know that we are not able to secure this type of excellent score without valuable feedback from our guests. The only way we improve is to fix any challenges that occur.
Thank you again for your comment and we hope to have another opportunity to show you how we've improved.
RSM, California
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Easy and Excellent! We were only there for a one night stay and it was too bad. If we'd known it was going to be so easy and comfortable, we may have reserved for two nights just to enjoy the relaxing experience further. Upon arrival, we were greeted "car-side" at the front door by friendly valet's. We asked if we could "self-park" after checking in and they obliged. They explained the check in procedure and our vehicle would be "right here after checking in". Now, I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and this was the fastest check-in I have ever experienced. I walked up to the desk and in less than 2 minutes - literally - I was walking away with keys in hand. The covered parking garage is unique in that you can park on the floor you are staying (we were on the 6th) and enter the room/hall area of the hotel right from your parking area. Our room was clean, quiet, and completed "PERFECTLY" with our reservation requests. By the way, I reserved on-line and it worked perfectly! Even with my preferred requests. Upon the next morning, we had breakfast in the lobby restaraunt and it was GREAT!! Lot's of different selections and choices for a reasonable price. We would DEFINITELY stay there again if in the area, or just go and make a weekend out of it. We were VERY pleased with everything!!!

• Liked — Nicely presented common areas and very nice rooms with nice ameneties.
  • Disliked — Nothing. we liked everything.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travlin2
Knoxville
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Was in town for a football game and choose this hotel. It is definitely better than all other Courtyard Marriotts I have experienced. The staff was truly unreal. Polite, professional, courteous and my favorite.....funny.

Room and hotel overall were very clean. The lounge was great. Computers, TV, bar and even gaming station for kids or adults. The bar was great. Even the food was great. My only complaint was they ran out of newspapers on a holiday (Labor Day), so I cannot really justify it as a legit complaint.

For business or pleasure, I highly recommend this place. Location was great as well. Close to old town Pasadena and walking distance to RoseBowl. Of course you could take the free shuttle as well. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank RDish
Santa Monica
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My wife and I stayed one night at the Courtyard in Pasadena. We were there to enjoy two days and one night in the Pasadena.

Checking into the hotel went quickly.

The parking structure has a door to each floor in the hotel. So if you park on the fifth level of the garage, you can walk directly to your fifth floor room. I prefer to self-park, so having my car only a few steps away, even through we were on an upper floor, was convenient. They also have valet parking if you prefer that.

The room was clean, comfortable and a reasonable size. It had a couch, desk, king size bed, refrigerator and microwave. The room had an uninteresting view of the Shell station below, but I wasn’t there for the view. My one disappointment with the room was that it did not have a safe, which forced us to carry wallets, rings, etc everywhere, even to the pool, rather than being able to leave some valuables in the room.

The pool was small but enjoyable on a hot summer day. We also enjoyed the Jacuzzi. Saturday afternoon the pool was crowded. So much so there were no chairs left. Sunday morning it was far less crowded.

The buffet breakfast was good, although it is not included with the room. It had pretty much everything you would expect in a breakfast buffet, eggs, bacon, fruit, bread, waffles etc. The 15-minute wait on the omelet line was a bit long, although the man cooking the omelets did his best to keep things moving and keep the customers happy. I suspect the long line was just bad timing on my part.

The main reason we selected this hotel was the location. From that perspective alone it was worth it. The hotel is walking distance to Colorado blvd’s restaurants, movie theaters, pubs and the Norton Simon museum. Being able to park our car at the hotel and walk to where we wanted to go was a big plus. It allowed us to leave the car at the hotel even after checking out at noon, than spend the day in old town Pasadena, and pick up our car after dinner.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — No safe in the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John98765
Colorado
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This hotel is at the top end of the Courtyard offerings by Marriott. The service staff is very professional and helpful. The restaurant and bar exceed Courtyard expectations. The location is outstanding - close to Old Town Pasadena and wonderful restaurants and shops.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
St. Petersbur, Fl
Reviewed July 30, 2008

What a great two night stay at this Marriot! We met friends from MIchigan to visit and attend a Dodger's game for a long weekend. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially, Jeremy. The room was wonderful, king size, very comfortable bed, wireless a little slow. Coffee in the morning provided, and the bar and outside area was super!
The pool area is a bit small but very clean, like the rest of the hotel.. The area where this hotel is located is outstanding. Lots of shops in old Pasadena and a great array of restaurants.. centrally located to LA and Dodger stadium. Russell's is fantastic for breakfast, but you might have to wait! You can't miss when you stay here!

St.Petersburg, Fl Traveler

• Liked — friendliness of all staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — wireless
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple