$104
$142
$127
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$239
$186
  • Pool
GreenTree Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$163
$129
$272
$187
$178
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$135
$107
$201
$159
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat locationrose bowlwithin walking distancefair oaksmemorial parkparking garageself parknice lobbyrestaurants and shopsfire pitfront desk staffstarbucks coffeecolorado blvdvery nice staythe norton simon museumdefinitely stay here againquiet room
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Everyone working in the hospitality industry should stay a night at the Marriott Courtyard in Pasadena, California. They'd learn a lot about how to treat customers. We had some issues regarding parking, directions to the hotel and a forgotten item. The staff and the general manager lived the hospitality adage that making your customer happy results in more customers and repeat customers. They went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied.

The check-in staff was friendly and helpful. In fact, from the woman who cooked omelettes to the man standing at the door welcoming guests, you couldn't ask for a staff more committed to the mission of hospitality.

While the Courtyard Marriott is not my favorite hotel - no complimentary breakfast - and I'm puzzled as to why you would charge more than double to park your car if you are a hotel guest than a visitor, (The general manager made that right.) I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Pasadena than this hotel.

The Marriott organization might learn something from this hotel manager, Timothy L. Bristol. When I discovered I had made an error in my on-line booking of dates, the central booking folks decided I should pay extra for my error and upped the daily rate because I booked the change late. Sure made me feel welcome! I guess they knew that I was attending a seminar at their hotel and really didn't have a choice. Mr. Bristol made it right. And I can tell you, no one has ever driven the website directions from the Burbank Airport to the hotel. Might be a good idea if you want people to spend less time on the California freeways and sidestreets and more time at your hotel.

By the way, I am not a relative of Timothy L. Bristol. I never met him before our stay. But, if I was in this business, I'd be recruiting him.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I am a Marriott Platinum member (over 75 nights per year) for many years and i have to tell you that this is the best managed Courtyard on the planet. I also host meetings and this hotel provides more gracious, efficient service than any other we use. The catering is delicious; we are under strict government limits for how much we can spend on food. For the prices many hotels charge to provide a box lunch, the Pasadena Courtyard provides delicious multi-course buffets. Every detail of this hotel from the condition of the physical plant, to the wonderful proximity of dozens of great restaurants makes this a marvelous place to stay. Try it!!

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank go1
Reviewed February 2, 2008

The location is good and the staff was very pleasant. The room was ok, maybe a little run down, but not bad. The bathroom was not especially nice, kind of motel 6-ish. I've stayed in lots of Courtyards, and the facilities at this one were average at best. The main reason for the negative review is noise. The hotel fronts on a very busy street (Fair Oaks) and is poorly constructed so the road noise just blasts into the room. I was awoken repeatedly through the night. Then at 4:00 a.m. my neighbor turned on his tv, and it sounded like it was in my room. Oh, and they tried to overcharge me for parking. The clerk was nice enough about fixing it, but come on - one person in the room and they charge me for two cars? I would never stay here again.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank acek
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I booked rooms at this hotel for a board meeting last weekend. 8 people stayed for 3 nights.
Everyone was pleased with the accomodations. I got a very good rate for booking so many rooms for so many nights. The front desk was outstanding in their service and helpfulness. The staff seemed to go out of their way to be accomodating in any way they could. The location was perfect for site seeing in the area. It was easy to get to from Burbank airport (about 15 minutes) and to find off the freeway. It is located just a few blocks from the main streets where all the shops are in Pasadena Old Towne. The Norton Simon museum was walking distance, too. Venice beach was 30 minutes, and The Getty was about 20 minutes. The hotel was clean and well cared for. Our room was on the inside and I found it very quiet though the view was nothing special of the little pool area. I slept with the window open. The bathroom vanity area was quite large which was nice for two people sharing. I had to have a rollaway too and that was the only thing awful. You could feel the metal springs in it. The room had a couch bed so our guest used that instead and found it very comfortable. The towels were plentiful and the breakfast was good though there are several great coffee shops one block away. There were wonderful ethnic restaurants within walking distance also we went to for dinner. We only used our car when we went out of Pasadena, otherwise everything was in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business