“Shumei Fellowship”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Noor - CLOSED

Noor
Description: Noor is Pasadena’s premier event space featuring two indoor ballrooms and two outdoor spaces. Situated in historic downtown Pasadena between the California Mediterranean architecture of Pasadena City Hall and overlooking the famed Colorado Boulevard, our Sofia ballroom provides exquisite space for up to 400 guests with spectacular city views and an art nouveau inspired interior design. The Ella ballroom, with its art deco design, is reminiscent of old Hollywood, imparting an atmosphere of elegance for 200 guests. Noor | Terrace, a beautiful outdoor courtyard, provides a beautiful canvas for ceremonies as well as intimate affairs. The urban charm of the outdoor Noor | Promenade offers an ideal setting for extravagant gala events for up to 2,000 seated guests. Noor features a small plates menu of Mediterranean fusion dishes. The menu changes weekly based on seasonally fresh items from the local Farmer's Market. The bar includes fresh fruit based martinis including the popular Pineapple Jalapeno Martini and the Noor-tini. Great place to socialize and enjoy your company. The staff is friendly and the environment is inviting.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Shumei Fellowship”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went to this banquet place for a fellowship dinner and enjoyed it very much. The food was very good and plentyful.

• Visited October 2012

Pasadena, California
“Bummed the Nice Restaurant Closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

The good ratings were for the old restaurant, not the new one, so beware. So sorry to see the nice restaurant and bar closed. It was a gorgeous place with good food, nice people, a fun bar and the best patio around. Has reopened in an interior space down-scaling to compete on a level with Bodega -- metal tables anchored to the concrete in the walkway next to the gym. Sad to see another closing in the Paseo.

• Visited September 2011
Pasadena, California
“Don't do it - (unless you must stop here for an event)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

When I saw the stellar rating this place was getting, I couldn't ignore the chance to give my opinion (which is a shared opinion among many locals.) Instead of reinventing the wheel, I will copy my Yelp review:

"This was the 3rd time visiting this restaurant with my husband and friends, and the 2nd attempt at allowing them to redeem themselves following the initial visit. Needless to say, my friends, my husband, and I are still very disappointed...

On all 3 visits to Noor, there were a thousand excuses as to why our food would either take a tremendous amount of time coming out of the kitchen, or some dishes were forgotten altogether. This includes dishes that don't even require any cooking! This may be a terrific spot for banquets, as some of the reviews have shown, but as far as dining is concerned, they just cannot get their act together.

We were the only group dining in the restaurant. They were not overwhelmed by large crowds or a lack of scheduled wait staff--well, they only had a bartender who doubled as a waiter, which was the same case the last time we dined there. (I guess they didn't expect anyone to want to eat there that evening, either.)

The food isn't terrible, but I wouldn't say is the best I've had in terms of Mediterranean. Due to 45 minute to a full hour wait for our dishes, our desire to eat had waned and turned into frustration. In comparison to the first and 2nd visits, the food was sub par on the 3rd visit.

NOTE: On the 2nd and 3rd time returning, we were told about changes in management, yet the service seems to remain the same.

We figured that this would be a great spot for Happy Hour, but we won't even return just for drinks and appetizers. If you like ambiance, and you simply want drinks and NOTHING else, this may be your place. However, if you want to go to a restaurant to eat a delicious meal that comes out within a reasonable amount of time, you may want to skip this establishment all together."

I'm hoping that by posting this review I will be saving an innocent tourist from making our 3-time mistake.

2 Thank wannagetaway
Pasadena, California
“Beautiful venue. A wonderful event space for any size event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

I held a luncheon at this venue for my son's baptism. I couldn't have asked for a better venue. Everything was perfect. All my guests commented on the lovely space and the delicious food. The staff was great to work with - very professional and on top of things. We had several babies and children there, and they were very kind and accommodating about that. I'm not easy to please when it comes to events because I do a lot of event planning in my line of work, but Noor exceeded my expectations and I would definitely use the venue again.

They are open for dinner and happy hour too, not just events. The food and drinks are fabulous and what a gorgeous setting for a date! Check it out.

• Visited February 2011
“Jazz singer was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I am really happy about that place. I spend some quality time with my friends and I enjoyed this young jazz singer's voice!