“Pop pop pop”

POP champagne and dessert bar
Reserve with OpenTable
POP champagne and dessert bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fair Oaks
Transit: Gold Line Memorial Park metro stop 2 blocks away.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It's been a long time since I've been to a restaurant I enjoyed as much as Pop Champagne & Dessert Bar. I was a little hesitant to have dinner here since it advertises itself as a dessert bar but I really shouldn't have worried!
We started with an assortment of big, fat deviled eggs and tasty tomato-based bruschetta followed by an order of mild caviar. I did find it a little difficult to spread the caviar, egg & onion on the tiny blinis it came with but the caviar was still delicious.
My husband ordered a melt-away filet mignon which came with chimichurri sauce on the side. Also on the plate were fried potatoes and tender little haricort verts and a tomato salad that was out of this world. I had the champagne chicken, which was quite moist, plus mashed potatoes and very yummy spinach. The leftovers were just as magnificent the next day for lunch. I completed my dinner with the bananas foster crepe - again, totally melted in my mouth.
The restaurant's interior is dark, mysterious and Victorian with crystal chandeliers above the tables. Our waiter provided attentive service and knowledgeaby answered our questions about the dishes on the menu.
Can't wait to go again!

1  Thank BruinLady

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a wonderful glass of champagne (one we had never had before) and fabulous desserts. The live band was perfect and completed the experience/atmosphere. The only complaint is the hours in which they are open. They close very early for a place that really only serves dessert - we felt like they were hurrying us out and it was only 930pm. Would be an amazing place to just have dessert & linger if they were open longer.

1  Thank Lina41
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After reading various write ups of this place had expected great things and was rather disappointed. The place was very busy and staff seemed very rushed and hassled. Tables are very close together and we constantly felt as if we bumped into all the time. We had a selection of Champagnes and wine along with accompanying nibbles. The wine was better than the food.Would not rave about this place to the extent of the publicity it gets, its okay but not WOW!

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I expected more from this place. I drove by numerous times and been looking forward to coming here for a while. But when I came in with a friend their moscatto, and champagne selections are very limited for them to be a champagne bar. I think it's a great place to go for a date but not necessarily worth the money otherwise.

1  Thank MarketingDiva
Reviewed April 29, 2012

A fun, quaint restaurant, bar, dessert bar. Order food and dessert to share as everything is worth trying.