“Fine fine dining”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado Blvd
Transit: Near Gold Line Lake Station (3 blocks)
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We love this place. We find the interior cozy and charming; the patio lovely; and the service restrained and professional. (No, "Hi, my name is Mike!") But mostly we love the food. Last night we had the bluenose bass on a hash of corn bacon and mushroom. It was absolutely heavenly. My husband thought it was one of the best dishes he has ever eaten anywhere! We also had the gumbo and loved it. A rolling subtle heat, with layers of complex flavors, a sharp counter-point to the huge sweet shrimp and the tart and salty sausage. I have eaten gumbo all over N'awlins and I love Noir's gumbo. We finished off with the flourless chocolate cake with many kinds of berries. Could not have been more sinfully delicious.

We had a great lunch here a few weeks back and worried that it might have been a fluke. But last night's impeccable and exquisite dinner convinced us that we have a treasure here in Pasadena. We will be back again and again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My daughter and I had the pan seared bass which had a very nice cream sauce with shitake mushrooms and fresh corn. My son had one of the burgers which tasted like it was made with Kobe beef. A bit pricey but worth the extra expense.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Noir tonight. The service was excellent, especially considering it was Friday and the place was full! I would highly recommend starting with cheese and wine. Plenty of choices! For dinner I had the pan seared scallops and shrimp and my husband had the braised pork belly, both of which we would order again. I can honestly say the scallops were the best I've ever had at a restaurant in Pasadena. For dessert we split the chocolate terrine. It was delicious and the presentation was perfect with pieces of fruit and purée.
Our waitress called Noir a hidden gem in Pasadena and I totally agree. Just remember to make reservations! I hope more people that enjoy this restaurant take the time to leave their comments on Trip Advisor. Noir should be at the top of the list of places to eat in Pasadena.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We were attending a show next door and selected Noir. We were very pleased. The back patio was small but comfortable. Everything was very good - our favorite were the scallops, mango and arugula salad and the bacon fried rice was out indulgence and it is delicious. They had a good selection of wines. Service was very friendly.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Noir food and wine is right next to the Ice House comedy club in Pasadena, CA. We made early reservations on Sunday July 8, before a 7pm show.

On Sundays, there is a prix fixe menu, plus the cheese and charcutiere plates, and always wines by the glass or bottle. The prix fixe menu was just what we wanted. $44 with two 5 oz glasses of wine, $38 without the wine.

First course greens, brocollini salad, goat cheese ovals, mustardy herb viniagrette. An amuse bouche of fig wrapped in prosciutto followed (or led, I forget) the first course. Crusty warm bread was available - tho' we had to request it.

Second course: a fabulous roast tomato gazpacho, with dices of cucumber and jalapeno for some heat to compliment the cool soup.

third course, hubby had pan roasted chicken breast with taboulleh and lemon tahini, I had Pal seared mahi mahi, grapefruit peach salsa and sesame glass noodles. Also on the menu was a grilled flat iron steak, popatoes, and sobrasada gravy. The fish and chicken were deliciously moist, my noodles were just perfect and such a nice texture and flavor burst from the sauce.

Noir is known for their excellent wines, so we knew we were in good hands with their choices. We selected the two reds, a Edna Valley Pinot, and Jack Hammer California Meritage. Perfect!

We usually bring a bottle from our cellar when we go to restaurants, but knew we only wanted a glass, before the show.

Dessert course was a homemade peach popover with fresh whipped cream. Hubby loved the popover crust - so did I!

Our patio table was shaded on a sunny (but not hot) late afternoon.

The owner/chef (Mike Farwell, Claud Beltran) at Noir support many local charity events, so it's nice to support a business that gives so much back to the community.