Tripadvisor
Pasadena

“Delicious, authentic and surprising!”

No photo provided
OR
Order Online
Ranked #257 of 790 Restaurants in Pasadena
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This is by far the best Thai food restaurant in Pasadena and surroundings (I have tried 10+ thai places in the area).

The food is very authentic, delicious, always fresh and prepared to perfection. As the name suggests, it offers street food dished in addition to your usual selection of curry and noodle dishes. The absolute must-try is Chicken Gai Zaap which is fried strips of chicken tossed in delicious spices and fresh herbs served with an awesome salad. Panang curry is wonderful, Kew Mao Chow Mein is a very interesting fusion dish and their large soups like Sukho Thai and Creamy Ramen are superb! The pad thai is not their star dish but also very nice. And the food is consistently great - no matter what time of the day and what cook is preparing it!

This place is small and designed for a quick visit, often crowded at lunchtime, as though you were at a street vendor in Bangkok. But what you get in return is a truly delicious and exciting food as well as caring and kind staff. Also, every few weeks the owner designs a set of completely new dishes so it is worth coming back regularly and continue exploring the worlds best cuisine!

I love this place and visit every weekend! It is great to dine alone, as a couple or even a family. Take out is packed very well and delicious, too. Our kids are always welcome here and loved by the staff. This place is truly a gem!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed December 20, 2019

Great Pad Thai, good Roti, mango or Durian sticky rice, teas etc---lots of folks love this place and their to go is excellent!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019

My sister found this jewel a few months ago and this was our second visit. There is dining inside and out - not a big place and you are just about on top of the next table to you but it is that family style that we love! Only one waitress plus a helper and about 5 cooks and they are visible and when you walk into the restaurant everyone greets you! So welcoming. I always eat Pad Thai (my sister says I am boring) - my sister orders a new dish each time. This time she ordered a fabulous noodle soup with lobster, fish cake, shrimp and lots of wide noodles. It is served in a huge pot with a burning flame and is quite impressive. We had fried dumpling for appetizer and so yum. They bring a jug of water to the table right away so you never run out of water. I ordered a Taro Root Smoothie for the first time and WOW - I will order that whenever and wherever I can find it. It is lovely to look at and fabulous to the taste! We had fun and the prices are reasonable. Parking lot and parking on the street. Check out fabulous photos on Facebook!!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed July 5, 2019

The restaurant was smaller than I was expecting, but it was comfortable, and service was good. My daughter and I split the Pranam, and my husband had beef Panang. The beef just melted in your mouth. Definitely worth visiting again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Strategically located near old town Pasadena

Simple and tasty meal (authentic Thai taste)

Quick service