“House Made Sangria!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Del Mar
Transit: Located along the light rail at the Del Mar Station.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The La Grande Orange Cafe is one of my favorite local restaurants. I have never had a bad experience here.

My most recent meal at the La Grande Orange was dinner tonight. I met a friend at four and we had a leisurely three hour meal on the patio. I had the ahi tuna burger with a kale salad for my main entree. It was delicious, especially the kale salad which had an unexpected nutty texture/taste. I often order the swordfish tacos, which are out of this world amazing!

I always love having the house made sangria, which is especially fabulous on a hot day. My friend ordered an Irish Coffee tonight and the server brought a coffee press and a glass with a generous helping of whiskey.

We shared a mint chip gelato for dessert. Perfection.

I highly recommend the deviled eggs, which we skipped tonight, but often order.

The restaurant is beautiful and the service is both friendly and professional.

I love every aspect of this restaurant.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and musings.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The food is great, cheap and an art. The staff are friendly and are always willing to help. The place was packed for lunch but we were able to chose a table for five and there's only three of us. Will be coming back for more.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great patio area with Fried Chicken and Cinnamon Roll on the menu. Great caesar salad. Right next to the Gold Line (light rail) train station in Old Pasadena. We road the Metrolink train to Union Station in LA, then road the Gold Line to Old Pasadena on the way to the Norton Museum. The restaurant is very convenient for before or after visiting the Old Pasadena area if your traveling by light rail. Great day trip.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The lunch menu was full of enticing possibilities, and we opted for ahi tacos (made with beautifully-seared ahi and fresh tortillas) and short rib hash (served with fried eggs). The white sangria complemented the dishes quite well.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visited during "dine LA" restaurant week and the special at this restaurant was a 3 course dinner for $25.00, plus we went on a Wed. which is their 1/2 price wine night. So, obviously, this was an exceptional value. The shrimp ceviche starter was quite large and very good (add some extra hot sauce), the short ribs really, really tender, but not as well seasoned as they could have been. They are served with mashed potatoes and a poached egg on top (good addition). And dessert was an excellent red velvet cake with ice cream YUM. I chose not to have the 3 course special and just ordered the taco platter with swordfish and it was excellent - great homemade tortillas, fish cooked perfectly, interesting white broadbeans cooked with fresh herbs. We loved the ambience - service was good, although our waitress made a mistake on our bill, but it was corrected immediately. All in all, a happy experience. PS: We got there at 545pm and walked right in to a table. But it definitely gets very busy by 630pm and the don't take reservations.