All reviews pasadena city college colorado blvd continental breakfast mid century surrounded by palm trees motor court bagels musty smell nice pool directly across the street same price range rose parade flea market la area heated pool chain hotels an older hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2019

I stayed next door at the Howards Johnson's and didn't realize this was next door until I walked to dinner. I did walk around a bit and wished I had looked further. Someone told me that if they weren't full and you told them you were traveling Route 66, they would give you the room for $66! Again, kicked myself! But, anyway....

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2019

Twenty years ago, I went to the Rose Parade. Someone recommended this motel, and we had bleacher seats directly across the street from it. Traveling with my family to the parade again this year, I booked two rooms at the Saga Motor Hotel again. This is a wonderful "old fashioned motel," nothing fancy but very clean, comfortable, and well-located. The managers are very welcoming and helpful. They recommended exceptional restaurants, and on New Year's Eve, when their ice machine was empty, they went to the store, bought more ice, and even delivered it to our room. Though hotel rates in Pasadena over New Year's Eve increase considerably, the Saga's increases are less than most.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed January 2, 2019

Stayed here for one night to celebrate the new year and watch the Rose Parade. The energy from the street crowd was catching and the owner and staff were beyond wonderful! They were able to get adjoining rooms for our elderly parents, which was extremely convenient. The rooms were quiet and the beds & pillows were nice and comfy. We especially loved the "Stress Relief" toiletries set they provided - smells so good and the scent was exactly what we needed after a long car ride with a 5-year-old. Even though the elevator was not working, it was not a problem at all for our parents to walk up and down the short flight of stairs. Also, parking was close by. The place is truly charming with its palm trees and 1950's Floridian vibe. The heated pool is amazing and so clean (just like their rooms)! The complimentary breakfast has a nice, bountiful selection. The hotel is in a great location and walking distance to so many local restaurants serving various ethnic foods. Also, easy access to public transit. We love this place and will definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SLEKu
Reviewed December 30, 2018

We have been a guest at this kitschy little roadside motel for over 20 years, and what it might lack in amenities it offers so much more in charm, gracious staffing, and affordability. We tend to enjoy experiencing the cities and towns we visit more than the hotel / motel so a safe, clean, comfortable environment to come back to at the end of the day is exactly what we need. This is ideally located near Pasadena City College (take in the flea market if you get a chance) and in walking distance to everything plus you're a super short drive to the Huntington Library and Gardens, JPL hiking, Old Town, South Pas and more.

I travel a grest deal and whenever I'm in the LA area and want a place to land for a day or two this is the spot for me.

2  Thank lisaccstudios
Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

A very comfortable & clean room (on first floor) and attractive Route 66 motor hotel. Loved the two room doors for quick access to pool area and our parking space near room. Great loacation in Pasadena. Will stay here again when in LA area!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janet B