“We'll Be Back”
Review of Saga Motor Hotel

Saga Motor Hotel
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We enjoyed our two night stay at the Saga Motor Hotel very much. We had everything we needed in our room which was very neat, clean, and comfortable. I especially loved being able to open the windows. The ambiance and location were just what we were looking for.

Room Tip: We liked the 3rd floor room overlooking the pool, palm trees, and Pasadena City College.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin J

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Saga is a charming traditional-style motel whose layout and exterior is straight out of the 1950's, but whose interior is fairly modern, well-appointed, very clean and comfortable. My wife and son had stayed there last April on a visit to nearby Caltech and raved about it. So when I went out to visit my son at the end of October I also chose to stay there. I was not disappointed. It is very reasonably priced and has a really nice pool and pool area. I mean really nice. The front desk staff was also very helpful. I had to cut my trip short by a day to get back home before Superstorm Sandy hit and they were very understanding and helpful. They also serve a passable continental breakfast although there are plenty of other options in the neighborhood if you want something more substantial. I would recommend this hotel if you have business (or pleasure) in the Pasadena area and are looking for excellent value for your money. It is bound to be our go-to place on future visits to Caltech.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It's not easy to find an affordable motel in this area, so when a friend recommended this establishment for a weekend in the LA-area, I was thrilled to get one of the last rooms left on a hotel reservations website. We were staying during the heatwave, so the sparkling pool was a godsend. The room had everything, including books on a shelf to read. Nice touches. Real glasses vs. plastic. Great temperature control. The location was perfectly situated to local dining. Breakfast area very bright and cheery. The ladies who were in charge of room cleaning were top-notch. A++++++++++.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Satisfaction7
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed one Sat. night ($79 thru AAA) in mid-Sept. for a Cat Show at the Pasadena Convention Center (another nice place). The Saga is little older as others have stated in other reviews... BUT it is very clean, well kept, friendly, and overall well worth the $$. The room was a fair size, single full bed (not too uncomfortable for a hotel bed), desk w/chairs, flat screen w/ HBO (with tv guide), mini-frig., books to read, plenty of towels and shower products. I was in room 322 (third floor, far right, back corner). It was very quiet at night. Out the large window was a beautiful large tree right outside my window, with a few birds and one squirrel to entertain. Very peaceful and I felt very safe. The pool area is surrounds by greenery of bushes, plants, flowers and big tall palm trees, very inviting to unwind at the end of the day. With tables w/umbrellas, plenty of chairs and lounges. The pool water was clean and a comfortable temperature. Continental breakfast (standard items) was nice to have. I would recommend Saga to couples, families, and individuals (not for party-ers or a rowdy crowd). I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The back side 2nd and 3rd floors were very quiet. There is an elevator but it was only operating par...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked a double bed room near the pool for $100 per night for a long weekend to go to a football game at the Rose Bowl. The hotel is very clean but it is older and could use some updates to the furniture. The beds were comfy and we really only needed a place to sleep as we were out and about the city all day into the night. The management was very nice to work with and answered all of our questions. Forget the free breakfast and walk over to Starbucks and get a breakfast sandwich and coffee.The hotel location is on Colorado Blvd but you'll want to take a cab to get downtown unless you are comfortable walking 2 miles one way. Highly recommened for the great value.

Room Tip: Look on the hotel website for the $79 per night rate. The pool rooms can be noisy with kids but they...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed in mid-July for a week and the hotel was clean and very accomodating. I had to visit for business & for a mini vacation with the kids so it was very economical and close enough to places I needed to visit. I liked the use of the laundry facilities, the pool was really nice and the continential breakfast was just enough for a quick pick me up before heading out. I would recommend for future stays.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

firend recommended the Saga Motor Hotel becuase he knew how much we like vintage and hisotric hotels. The Saga did not disappoint! They even had real glasses in the rooms - "old school!!!"

It is suprising well maintained, well apointed and true to its style and time period while providing modern ameneties like Wi-Fi and free continential breakfast. Our room hands windows that opened which I always like!

The pool is swell and you are located right on Colorado Blvd across from Pasadena City College.

A comfortable place, a great base for exploring the cool stuff in Pasadena and very reasonable rates!

Room Tip: We had room #315 which over looked the pool - it was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family