“Great food but not cheap”
Review of Roy's Pasadena

Roy's Pasadena
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Pasadena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North El Molino Avenue
Transit: Located in front of our restaurant on Colorado Blvd.
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Butterfish is good. The pork n steak are great too. Desserts are ok... A bit expensive on the price but generally food is above par with a few near exceptional. Service is really impressive... Jeff our waiter was awesome. Look for him.

1  Thank GimTan

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is my third visit at this restaurant and every time i become more enthusiast. Last night me and my friend had a "canoa" as a starter (an incredible combination of small bites: lobsters, shrimps, fried mussels and even pork ribs which cannot be appreciated until you don't try it) follower by salmon (she) and a honeysh plate of ribs with onion rings (I) which was as close to paradise as possible. Good white italian wine and a fantastic dessert (chocolate pie (melting hot) with vanilla ice). Service was charming kind and competent. Price well below the expected.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Came here for a birthday celebration. Prices were high for average food, but the attentive service was worth the extra $$$.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my Grandma's favorite places to eat with her friends. There's a correlation between the high prices and the average customer age of 70+. This is because they are the only ones that can afford this place, or should I say want to afford it. I think $45 for butter fish, even though it is amazing is just too much, especially when there's no eye candy. Lol. But if you are between 42-70+ you should definatty go! Make a day of it. There's a movie theater and the Pasadena play house all in walking distance.

1  Thank MarketingDiva
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had the prix fixe menu, tried my husbands butter fish, almost died! It is soo amazing, literally melts in your mouth. The short ribs are so delicious, salad, drinks, edamame is all amazing! I think the prices are reasonable considering the ambiance, quality & service.