“A solid neighborhood restaruant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Malbec

Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 693 Restaurants in Pasadena
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, SC
“A solid neighborhood restaruant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good Chimichuri (though I am no expert) A solid choice if you are in Pasadena, but I wouldn't drive across Los Angeles to visit. Felt locally to be a place to visit for special occasions. A solid choice for good food.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Defintely going back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We've only been twice so far, both times for lunch. Although I don't imagine it's the first thing people think of in an Argentine restaurant, I ordered the lenguado/sole (I always order the sole if it's on any restaurant's menu). Pacific sole is more substantial than Dover sole, but it was very well prepared; and the spinach and mashed potatoes made a very acceptable accompaniment. Others in our group had the Vegetariano sandwich and the Churrasco, both of which were also well praised. On our second visit, my husband had the Lomo special (on the expensive side, but done to perfection) and I tried the Tallarines Golfo Nuevo (pasta with seafood), also well done and delicious. We tried a bottle of Malbec (what else?!) - Tilia I think, can't quite remember just now, which was very tasty.
Overall vote whether to return or not: a resounding yes!

• Visited November 2012
Redondo Beach
“Just simply AWESOME !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I met some friends I have not seen in 13 years at this restaurant. My friend had sent me the link to check out the menu and I was immediatley a fan. So when we got there we loved the place right away. We had a Carpaccio which was out of this world - believe us, we have had many Carpaccios in our life - but this one ! DELISH ! Then the Empanadas - so flavorful ! With that we had some excellent Argentinian red wine which our cool waiter Edwin recommended...What a great waiter ! For lunch we had steaks - Rib Eye, Flank Steak and New York. All I could say was WOW ! Being from the Midwest I have had some good meats, but this ? Fabulous ! The flavors and the meat was cooked to absolute perfection.
4 hrs later we left - after also having a out of this world Flan and Creme Brulee..What a GREAT place - you dont have a good Argentinian restaurant like this at every corner. So we had fantastic time with our friends and a fantastic lunch - we will be back for a repeat !

• Visited October 2012
Pasadena, CA
“Consistently Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We've been here several times and we recently went again for my birthday with my nephew and his girl friend. Despite our reservation, we had to wait a bit for an outside table, which there are not a lot of of. We were offered an inside table but the noise level inside is pretty high, and it was a warm evening and the inside was too warm. We started with the lamb empanadas and they were outstanding. We've had the other varieties of empanadas on previous visits and they are always great. Then three of us had steaks while my nephew had the gnocci. Everyone was very happy with their meals, though I thought my New York steak might have had a bit too much fat. The waitress helped us pick out a nice bottle of Malbec that went great with the meals. We finished it off by sharing the mousse au chocolate desert, which was incredibly rich and tasty. The manager came over twice to make sure that we were happy with out meals. One warning about eating outside: it can be very dark at the tables so bring a flashlight or use the flashlight ap on your smart phone. And if you're worried about parking, just turn left at the corner and park in the back of the Rite Aid. They don't seem to mind.

• Visited September 2012
Long Beach, California
“Not Argentinian food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I just went for lunch with my wife and college age grandaugter. We had empanadas and matambre.
The beef empanada dough was undercooked and the meat sauce was too liquid. The chicken empanada filling was good but again the dough was undercooked.
For Matambre we were served 2 slices each of square spam (not flank steak) with a slice of egg in the middle.
The bread came with a look alike chimichurri sauce witch lack the main ingredient, GARLIC.
I looked at what other people were having and they did not look to satisfied.
If you want to try a good Argentinian restaurant go to the Gaucho Grill on Pine ave in Long Beach.

• Visited September 2012