“Interesting cuisine, great wine and fun place”
Review of Malbec

Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 746 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I like the cuisine which, no surprise for an Argentinean restaurant, i heavy on the meat. The best place to be is either one of the booths at the back or on the small terrace in the summer. The place can be noisy so I would not recommend it for a quiet "tete-a-tete" but it is great for groups and birthdays. Parking is normally OK along Green Street but you may need to circle the block a few times.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Overall it was a good expereince - fun atmosphere with warm and friendly service. We were a group of 8, so we started off sharing lots of different appetizers - it was the best part the meal. The steaks were great, but the short ribs were overdone, and the fish was undercooked - a moot complaint since we were quite sated by the hors d'oeurves. Wine was surprisingly good especially since none of us had experienced the wines of Argentina before. And last but not least, the desserts were very good - except for the atisan ice cream the waiter said was vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Actually the "trio of ice cream flavors" came in an ice cream flute with nearly melted vanilla and chocolate, and on the side there was a scoop of dark colored hard frozen sorbet of some sort - I think it might have been rasperry/plum? - whatever it was, it did not mix well with the ice cream - so I would pass on that next time.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Ambiance, gourmet food, wine selection and great service.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed in the Westin Pasadena and Andrew, the courtesy van driver, brought me to Malbec when I told him I was hungry for an Argentinean steak. The manager, Kat, seated me at the bar (I was by myself) and I was promptly served a delicious glass of Argentinean Red wine. The food is wonderful and so it the service. Definitely Recommend.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were looking for a post movie casual dinner and were lucky enough to get a table at Malbec. (We've tried before without reservations and the lines had been daunting...for good reason!) It was the perfect spot. We sampled malbec wine, split a delicious beet salad and a truly delicate sole with lemon/caper sauce. Not Argeninian meals, exactly. Most are meat-based and looked and smelled great and we'll go back when we can have a full, leisurely dinner. The staff were all delightful.