“wonderful food”

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #89 of 717 Restaurants in Pasadena
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Le Pain Quotidien serves simple, elegant boulangerie fare made with organic ingredients whenever possible: breakfast, tartines, pastries and handmade organic bread & many vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love this place. They have amazing soups everyday that are vegan :-). Breakfast is great, I usually go for the scrambled tofu or basket of bread. Each table has jam and hazelnut spread (to die for). Their salad is also superb. Very fresh and crisp. I definitely recommend this place for vegans and non vegans. Make sure to check out their desserts!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We got a late start today and we parked in the public lot a few blocks away from this place right near the Apple store and in the heart of downtown Pasadena/Colorado Blvd. neighborhood. My son was underwhelmed with the size of his 6 veggie quiche portion, I loved my bowl of broccoli soup with roasted pine nuts. We ate outside basking in the warmth of a sunny Pasadena afternoon. Even though the menu said certain breakfast foods weren't available after noon time, and it was around 1:30 p.m., our waiter assured us that omelettes were available until 3 p.m. which was a great relief. My mochaccino was perfectly flavored, and the home baked breads served with the soup gave me just enough carbs, especially when I topped it with some of their homemade jams. I didn't see the inside of the restaurant. Excellent service and moderate prices. Would certainly go back there again to try some more items on their menu.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Parking was challenging on a weekend morning but I eventually found a meter.
Loved the food. Enjoyed the fresh bread and jams brought to our table. I had a wonderful omelette. Great start to my work day. Staff was really attentive and friendly.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Yes, there is something sort of ironic about a high end sandwich place, but in Old Town Pasadena, it fits right in. The ambience is up-scale-casual, and the menu items are probably more expensive than you would expect for sandwiches and soups, but they are delicious. In particular, I am a fan of their take on the tuna sandwich, which is made with olive oil rather than mayo, and is generally more mediterranean than what most people would think of for tuna. The breads are all great, and the service is friendly, and efficient.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My absolute favorite place in Pasadena for lunch, lattes, desserts... I work right by old town and this is always my first recommendation to clients for wholesome, fresh, delicious foods.