TripAdvisor
Pasadena
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good service, Better food”

Lucky Boy Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 50 Quick Bites in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been dining in various restaurants since I've been in the states the last 4 months, some family friends told me about this place and I doubted I'd like it but it was the best breakfast burrito I have had.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed August 22, 2019

The review today is actually for the Arroyo Parkway location, although I have been to both many times. I worked in the area for many years and always enjoyed the food, sometimes by myself and other times with friends and/or coworkers. Today was with a friend, and he was happy with the choice. I will be back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed April 8, 2019

A Pasadena hot spot for over 30 years, variety with consistency. Large portions, clean and bright interior.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

I saw this place driving by. Non-rescript, new looking building, with a classic name, tells me to have a look.
The menu is also classic, American Drive Up fair, burgers, sandwiches, sides, and some Mexican offerings. After asking them what they were famous for (I was told breakfast burrito, pastrami sandwich, and burgers), I ordered the chicken burrito. At $8.50, a little on the high end. I was not prepared for how incredible it was! HUGE! It could feed two. Delicious! Big chunks of moist, white meat chicken, with fluffy rice, beans, chunky pico de Gallo, with a house made sauce on the side. I looked around I saw other dishes looking equally big and delicious.
I recommend Lucky Boy whole heartedly!
Enjoy.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Breakfast burritos are great and very filling...the bacon was the most popular and a meal in itself...Worth Trying

Date of visit: November 2018