“It's a greasy burger place, but maybe i'm just sentimental and like it.”

Lucky Boy Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We used to come here in high school all the time. I wouldn't say it's great, but the chili cheese fries are a heavy goopy mass that takes me back. I mean that in a good way, but don't eat too much.

1  Thank Mattcobleigh

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Some people compare this joint to "Tops", another similar type fare. Forget about it, their not even in the same league. Lucky Boy has better food with cheaper prices. Now, lets get down to brass tacks. The food. Everything is GOOD. It's been said by many reviewers before me, and they ain't lying. Best Breakfast Burrito anywhere. Wonderful Patty Melts, Fish Sandwich and Burgers. Onion Rings are fabulous and well, fries are fries. But at this joint you get plenty of them. I don't care what you order, you are not going to go away hungry after you finish your food. That's if you can finish it. The portions are very generous indeed. Bottom line, great place to Pig Out on a short budget. So what are you waiting for, it's at the corner of Arroyo Parkway and Pico, just across the street from Trader Joe's.

3  Thank Roger M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Their signature dish, a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and hash browns all rolled up in a giant flour tortilla, is justifiably famous -- you can ask for sausage or sausage AND bacon if you want. They'll also build you a more traditional breakfast if you'd like -- bacon and eggs (any style), sausage and eggs, ham and eggs, with toast and hash browns.

The pastrami is first rate -- one is more than enough for two hungry people. They have thick-cut fries -- my preference -- and you get a lot of them. The onion rings and zuchinni are top-drawer. The carne asada burrito makes for a great lunch. The char-broil chicken sandwich is a good choice for a lighter meal.

If you want big portions of artery-clogging goodness, this is the place. Cash only, but there's an ATM in the lobby.

1  Thank tcfjr
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've been here once and tried one thing on the menu: the famous breakfast burrito. I think that is exactly what it says on the menu "Famous Breakfast Burrito." I am a sucker for breakfast burritos. I love them and I'm always on a quest to find the best ones. The one here at Lucky Boy is one of the very best. What set it apart from others is the bacon. The bacon was perfectly salted and crunchy. They are very big burritos. I bought three of them and they fed my family (2 adults, 4 kids). I thought the salsa that came with the burrito was good, but I've had salsa I prefer at other places. But even with that, I'll definitely be back for the breakfast burrito.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

friends took me here after snowboarding since they live in glendale. all they were talking about is the breakfast burrito and how big it was. with all the hype they put, decided i had to try it myself. boy were they correct. the burrito is amazing, especially with the chili. definitely destroys all cravings. everytime i head in that area, i try to stop by to grab a burrito. so far from where i live. they need to make one by my house.