“Very nice stay”

Ponderosa Gardens Motel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Loved this place! We wish we had more than one night there. The rooms are basic and large and many have been updated, including ours. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. It has a very relaxing atmosphere in the pines with a very nice pool area. We hope to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tvlgirl

Reviewed September 1, 2008

Sadly, we were in Paradise to attend a funeral and needed several rooms to accommodate our family with small children and an adult in a wheelchair. All of us fared well. The motel is accessible to those who are disabled. the pool is safely gated for those with small children. Everyone found the location delightful and staff accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank anneb65
Reviewed April 29, 2008

We stay there in Sept. for the world of outlaw races but we thought it would be a great place to spend a night for our 40th anniversary. We live in Medford, or so it's a nice drive to go to a beautiful setting. We have been coming here for years and really enjoy the stay and the wonderful people. Sally

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kinsercarder
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We had planned to stay at the Comfort Inn in Paradise, but the cashier at the gas station recommended Ponderosa Gardens. I HIGHLY recommend this motel. It is easy to find, right off the main road, but it is set back a few hundred feet from the street and this makes a huge difference. I couldn't believe how quiet it was!! There are lots of trees and grassy areas, including picnic tables. We didn't use the pool, but it looked so inviting. Everything was beautiful, well tended to, the rooms are spacious, very clean, no smells, the bed was very comfortable, the bathrooms were spacious, too. I wanted to stay longer!!
There was a micro fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby of the motel is a quaint gift shop, very nice and welcoming. The continental breakfast has cold cereal, fruit, toast, and danishes. It wasn't a lot, but enough for me. The price was right, too, only $85 (including taxes), that was on a Sunday night.
For a really good meal at a very reasonable rate (and excellent service) go to the Kalico Kitchen, within walking distance of the motel.
If you have kids, this would be a great motel...they could run around outside, play on the grass, etc. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bajamarla
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Quiet, peaceful, clean, serene, friendly, off-the-beaten-path. My son goes to Chico State, and when we couldn't find a room in town, we decided to give Paradise a try. We won't stay anywhere else now! Ponderosa Gardens is in a great location just up the hill from Chico. Did I say it was quiet? Ahhhh......

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Myrtle50
Reviewed January 17, 2007

My family lives in Paradise and I live in New Orleans - when I travel to Paradise, I always stay at the Ponderos Gardens Motel. Clean, big rooms, nice free cont. breakfast, friendly and professional staff, decent prices, convenient location and pretty grounds with lots of trees. Pool and Spa are nice when the weather is warm. I believe all the rooms have their own private patio area too - home away from home, beds are comfy too.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Didi R
A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed April 3, 2006

While visiting the town of Paradise last summer I stayed at the Ponderosa Gardens Motel. It is a 48 room- privately owned motel nestled in the heart of Paradise. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit last year. The setting of the motel is very pretty with lots of trees and plenty of foliage. The large pool area made it even easier to enjoy my time in town. Not to mention that the motel was very clean and with high standards at a very reasonable price. I will be visiting again this year.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Paradise Hotel
#4 of 7 in Paradise
Lantern Motel
Lantern Motel
#5 of 7 in Paradise

Been to Ponderosa Gardens Motel? Share your experiences!