“Excellent!!!”

Ponderosa Gardens Motel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Paradise
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were recently relocated to this gorgeous motel by our insurance company. We were expecting a 3 week stay which was stretched to 5 weeks. We couldn't be happier. Our family had stayed here prior on all their visits from Santa Barbara (a hard to beat location itself) Our family of five was put into the SPACIOUS suite with our teenage son in the adjoining room. The suite is huge, with a WIDE open floor plan, 3 comfortable couches, a big screen TV (viewable from all parts of the room) a large bathroom with glorious jacuzzi tub, a FULLY stocked kitchen with often restocked dish soap and paper towels, excellent maid staff; that would leave me extra dish towels and courteous notes, the grounds here are meticulously manicured and the pool clean and maintained every three days!!! We were provided tasty continental breakfasts daily if wanted, and even 10% off coupons to local restaurants!!! The motel is family owned and operated and you can see the pride and care with which they maintain their lovely motel. We even had a large respectful party for our daughter and all the guests were flabbergasted by the sheer size and gracious accommodations of this suite. We have appreciated EACH day we have been blessed to stay at the beautiful Ponderosa Gardens Motel. Thank you owners, all spectacular staff, and I suppose AAA for lodging us there!!! Sincerely, Jacobsen Family

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank jacquelineann13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We have stayed here over 10 times. It's our go to whenever we go home to visit. It's always clean and quiet even when they're booked. The staff is incredible and will go out of their way to help you. There's a great free breakfast and laundry on site. Even though we are technically "locals" we are tourists and they treat you like family. Cant say enough great things about the grounds (gorgeous) the pool (immaculate) the gift shop (adorable)
We are so looking forward to our return trip in June for some more Paradise love!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Melissa H
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ponderosa Gardens fits the description with manicured lawns and landscaping that charms and soothes. Each room I stayed had a patio with a table and chairs. As an older motel with many upgrades such as motion light switches and extra sinks made for a very nice stay. The two rooms were mirrors of each other, large and spacious. A desk AND table in one, just a table with two chairs int he other, but I think that room had a larger couch. YES a love seat, very comfortable, and all very clean and fresh smelling.

I liked the flat screen in each room, and they remodeled the bathrooms so they were as modern as possible but some old fixtures, but all was in good working order. A quiet and efficient A/C Heater I barely used, and quiet neighbors or none were appreciated. Great little soaps and shampoos, a gift shop up front, and very good breakfast goodies.

the desk staff were patient and friendly. They do things a bit differently but are very efficient, and when I left my clothes bag in the room, they called me. I was in the woods and when I got out the phone message was waiting for me, so I stayed the second night. A nice town to stay, and based my decision to try them on the recommendation of the restaurant I ate, and the Gardens have deals with a couple or more of restaurants in town close by and their local knowledge is great for the drifter (me).

Room Tip: The buildings are not stacked but are spread out so you have options, but if you bring a pet, the ba...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Miwok6
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The gardens were beautiful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The price is amazing, I would recommend ponderosa gardens to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
Oceanside, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Paradise Gardens Motel in which my wife and I have stayed in for a total of five visits each up to a week in duration over the last 6 months ihave been uniformly excellent. The Ponderosa Gardens Motel is equal in quality and service to the Best Western in Oakhurst, Ca. for those of you who have been to Oakhurst, Ca. Both are to be found off the town's main thoroughfare set back far enough that you never ever hear a sound from traffic. Both offer fabulous rooms with views of the mountains and forests - Both have great heated pools. I was amazed at the fact we were able to have a room for less that $90 with tax ( we are seniors & belong to AARP / AAA.

I highly recommend both - John & Nan Marshall

Room Tip: We always stay in the back facing the forest - we have two small dachshunds and they can run in the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jean Francois M
Berkeley, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Here for just one night, we were happy we'd followed the recommendation of friends to stay at the Ponderosa instead of a chain motel. The grounds are attractive, with picnic tables, and the units are attached but have the feel of cabins. We asked for a handicapped accessible room as I'm using crutches, and found it large enough to maneuver my knee walker easily. This wasn't luxurious, but it was clean and very comfortable, and the fridge was appreciated. We will stay there again next time we're in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JC-OMCA
Maryland
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My dad is in assisted living in Paradise, so we've stayed at the Ponderosa Gardens many times over the last 10 years. It's been sort of a family tradition, and we've enjoyed the family atmosphere along with the lovely setting. When we stayed there in February this year (2014), we questioned why we came back, and vowed not to return. The rooms are smelly, you don't want to touch the bedspread, towels are thin, a/c loud…when it worked. The 'continental breakfast' is barely adequate (we passed) and had to go to the desk to get an additional blanket. It's no longer the only choice in town. We stayed one night (it was late) and checked out.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank culturevulture4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Paradise Lodge
#3 of 17 in Chico
Hotel Diamond
Hotel Diamond
#2 of 17 in Chico

Been to Ponderosa Gardens Motel? Share your experiences!