“Quite satisfied with our stay. No complaints!”
Review of Paradise Inn

Paradise Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Paradise
Nevada City, California, United States
“Quite satisfied with our stay. No complaints!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I read a lot of bad reviews about this place. My experience was different. My wife and stayed for two nights. While this is not a five star hotel by any stretch of the imagination, it was very clean and the room was well kept, The bed was comfortable, the pillows soft, the television worked, and the water was hot and the pressure was more than adequate. The room appeared freshly painted, and every thing worked. The woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful. The whole stay was perfectly good. There were no problems at all and I heartily recommend this nice old hotel. There is some some outside maintenance that needs doing - but you get the impression that they'll get it done. The only negative thing I can say - and it ain't much - is that the bathroom floor, while clean, was surprisingly cold!
I'm not certain in what hotel the hyper negative reviewers stayed - but I have a hard time believing it was really this one.

Room Tip: Room 123 was quite nice!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ServiceBob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
El Cajon, California, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This motel is disgusting, slimy, and filthy. I was with some people who had come up to Paradise to attend a memorial service and this is the place they chose for us to stay the night at. I was appalled. The pool was slimy slimy slimy and dark green with clouds of mosquitoes hovering above it. The room we stayed in was on the second floor and I was afraid to even sit on the bed for fear of catching a disease from the bed spread. After being in there for 10 minutes, I wanted to take a Purell shower then douse myself with alcohol and light myself on fire just to be sure I got all the germs off me. The front office person was rude and unkempt which actually seemed appropriate considering the sheet hole she was working in. I refused to stay there and we drove back home after the service was over rather than suffer overnight in that nightmare place.

Room Tip: Any room in any other motel is a better room than one in this cesspool motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaryAnn W

Travelers are raving about these Paradise hotels

American Canyon, California
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I wasn't expecting a 5 star experience for the money I paid, but I did expect cleanliness. The whole room was dirty and badly maintained. The bathroom had body hair in the corners and the pipes under the sink had a thick layer of dust. The sink didn't drain correctly and took 10 minutes to drain. The TV, Fridge, microwave and coffeemaker were all plugged into the same powerstrip and it was covered with dust. The only bedside lamp started smoking and the bulb blew the second night so we had to unplug the lamp to prevent a fire. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Rebecca M
Northern California
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The photos are entirely deceptive. This is one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in. There were spiders on the filthy walls, yellow spots on the bedspreads and pillows. The pool has been drained and is non functional (we had no plans to use it anyway). The room was freezing cold and the clerk was quite irritated by our request for extra blankets to supplement the thin and filthy ones already on the bed. The door lock didn't work properly, making us more grateful for the deadbolt. While the motel wasn't even close to full-capacity, we were awoken at 3:00 by a very loud couple, who had just been checked into the room adjacent to ours. PARTY TIME!! When we called the desk to complained, they called OUR room asking US to quiet down. When the desk finally called the correct room and the offending guests received their "keep it down" call, WE were treated to delightful verbal abuse through the paper-thin walls and (fortunately locked) adjoining door. We originally booked 2 nights, but are much too self-respecting to have subjected ourselves to another night of this misery. Because we booked through Expedia, we'll need to take up any refund with them. Hotel management was entirely indifferent to our complaints and the idea of a refund. IF YOU HAVE A SHRED OF DIGNITY, STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE. I gave it 1 star, because no stars isn't an option.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lisahhh36
North West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The owner manager was very helpful and nice. Rooms basic but clean. There was a swimming pool but contained no water. Most people seemed to be on stopover for one or two evenings. There was plenty of storage space outside the bathroom area and between the bedroom with an ironing board.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank BubblyTripper
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The owners may be nice, but the hotel room was dirty and outdated. Furthermore, the pool was DRAINED. In the middle of summer. With temperatures soaring well into the 90's. Needless to say, we will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol O
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and stayed here for a week while in Paradise visiting family. The motel is old, so I was expecting to see the usual wear and tear. The level of cleanliness and attention to detail was bare minimum. There were spiderwebs above the shower, and the room wasn't vacuumed the entire week we were there. Each time the room was "cleaned", the bed was made, trash emptied, and clean towels were provided. The pool is out of service. Not because it's broken, but because the owner decided not to comply with a new state law requiring all public pools to have a hydraulic lift for ADA. Having a pool was one of the things I was looking for so for that reason alone I won't stay here anymore. Lastly, the rooms are all non smoking but be prepared to smell smoke when your neighbor decides to light up. There front door wasn't sealed so everything just drifted right in...even at 2am.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Calypso699
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Paradise Lodge
#8 of 17 in Chico
Courtyard Chico
Courtyard Chico
#3 of 17 in Chico

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!