“Not good.”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Paradise
San Francisco, CA
“Not good.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The owners may be nice, but the hotel room was dirty and outdated. Furthermore, the pool was DRAINED. In the middle of summer. With temperatures soaring well into the 90's. Needless to say, we will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and stayed here for a week while in Paradise visiting family. The motel is old, so I was expecting to see the usual wear and tear. The level of cleanliness and attention to detail was bare minimum. There were spiderwebs above the shower, and the room wasn't vacuumed the entire week we were there. Each time the room was "cleaned", the bed was made, trash emptied, and clean towels were provided. The pool is out of service. Not because it's broken, but because the owner decided not to comply with a new state law requiring all public pools to have a hydraulic lift for ADA. Having a pool was one of the things I was looking for so for that reason alone I won't stay here anymore. Lastly, the rooms are all non smoking but be prepared to smell smoke when your neighbor decides to light up. There front door wasn't sealed so everything just drifted right in...even at 2am.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Calypso699

Travelers are raving about these Paradise hotels

Basingstoke
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The motel owner & his wife are a very friendly & helpful couple who told us the best places to eat & even where the best laundromat was.They even gave us extra towels when I asked for them.
A previous reviewer, who clearly has a low IQ & even lower spelling ability slagged this place off. I paid online for my room which worked out at £41. An absolute bargain considering how clean the room was, the newness of the fittings, even down to making sure we had a secure place to park our motorbike next to his car! The pool isn't open BUT don't blame him, blame Californian safety regulations, they're ridiculous!
As to what the other occupants of the motel get up to.....if you don't like it ask them to tone it down a bit, it usually works for me. Don't blame the owner for other people's behaviour, they aren't his responsibility.
I highly recommend this as a place to stay & I've stayed in a lot of motels around the USA.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank grubbytech
Paradise, California, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked a weekend with the Paradise Inn, while waiting for our new house to close, in a near by town.
It has NOW been 3 weeks and the house closing is a nightmare! However, because of the owners kindness and attention to customer, our stay at the Paradise Inn, has been WONDERFUL !! I would highly recomend this small but adequate hotel for your weekend stays while on the road.
Our experience with this hotel has been the only paradise we have experienced during this 3 wk. fiasco with our home closing.
Thank you for the care you have given us during this very stressful time, Paradise Inn !!
Again, I highly recomend the Paradise Inn, in Paradise, Ca.

Very Happy Customers ;)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Delia M
Rosamond, California, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Rooms were shabby, had rooms advertised online and rufused to charge his online price,wool wasn't even functioning and is drained, Mgmt seemed very unhelpful, defiantly stay away from this one !

Room Tip: Check out your room before you pay
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

5423 Skyway
Paradise, CA, 95969
1-866-599-6674
Great 5 Star Motel !

Hi my name is Marc, from Sunnyvale, Ca. just got back from visiting family in Paradise, never been there before. Like many of us I did my homework and checked out different places online.
When I called the Paradise Inn the young lady who answered was very friendly, polite and knowledgeable. Booked my room for 4 days, was very delighted to find the low rates. Made note of her name, Sangi.

As I was staying by my self, only needed the one bed, not seeking to much . . . .
Everything was put in it’s place the outside was very well taken care of by the owner Jay, which later I learn was the husband to Sangi. Over the years I have notice when a husband and wife or a family run their own business they take care of everything so much better and do it with a passions. And it shows

Entering my room it was very pleasing to see that everything was in it’s place and very clean, later Jay came by to check on me asking if I was ok, if I needed anything else.
Not looking for much for my self, but to my surprise I was very happy and pleased to see so many amenities . . . . nice to wake up when I do and can make my coffee right in my room without going out for anything. Really great to have a that Air Conditioning, also found Refrigerator, Microwave, Clock, Iron and Ironing board, Telephone, Coffee Pot

Paradise Inn features a Seasonal Swimming Pool - Outdoor Seasonal - Free Self Parking - Business Services - 24 Hour Front Desk - Patio - Barbecue Grill (s)
Picnic Area - Pet Area.

While staying here I did see cars and a few pickup trucks . . . . the whole area was quiet and no noise at all.

Paradise Inn, is just the place for me a place in the mountains and so peaceful . . . . the town of Paradise is so much like “ Andy of Mayberry “ what more could I ask for ?
but say I am up in the mountains and really enjoyed it all !

Now to close this up, Yes I will stay here again and it will be my first choice plus bring my family too ! Plus will tell my friends and others !

Sincerely
Marc J. Daniluke

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Marc D
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 26, 2012

First, the Good:
The innkeepers here at the Paradise Inn are super friendly and offered very good customer service.
The landscaping is lovely and they were planting flowers while we were there. The rooms have everything that a traveler might need, including hair dryer, microwave, refrigerator, ironing board & iron, etc. There is plenty of space inside the room as well. The walls & paint appeared recent.
There were no Bed Bugs! We checked and the sheets and towels were clean.
Excellent location in town. Skyway is a busy road, but the traffic dies down around 10pm.
Now, the not-so-good:
Inside the room, we found the door frame and lock plates in utter disrepair. The door did close, but we saw the light of day through the door frame, as though the door had been kicked in at one time. This should have been repaired and I would consider it a personal safety issue. We put a chair in front of it overnight, as it seemed the deadbold and doorknob were useless.
The vertical window blinds did not cover the window. There was not "complete privacy" from the window, and anyone walking past our room, did easily look in. The blind was totally inadequate and also let the early morning light right in, so you won't be able to darken the room.
There was a bit of poor housekeeping. Their vacuum might need replacing, or they just didn't use it. They also hadn't vacuumed in corners or behind beds in a long time. The shower curtain needs laundering. There were black hairs in the shower. The soaps provided in the room were rediculous, they were so small in size, it was a challenge to keep ahold of it. Towels were thin.
Don't count on the continental breakfast provided. It was packaged danish and chewy granola bars.
This motel has a partnership with a few local restaurants for 10% discounts on your meal. We took advantage of this and the restaurant was really nice about it.
Simple fixes would make this a charming old-style motor inn.

Room Tip: As far from the street (Skyway) as possible...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PEIwoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Paradise Lodge
The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino
Ponderosa Gardens Motel
Ponderosa Gardens Motel
#1 of 7 in Paradise

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!