“Nice surprise in Paradise”

Best Western Paradise Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Choice Hotels are normally our last choice. We made too many bad experiences. The Comfort Inn in Paradise is part of this chain, so it was not a stay we looked forward to. We also know all other hotels in Paradise: Nothing to write home about. What a surprise when even at 11.45 pm we had a pleasantly responsive person answering the phone when we called the Comfort Inn for a room and the price she offered us was even very reasonable. We already knew the outside appearance of the hotel (which is very nice) but were surprised that the inside looks much better than any other Comfort Inn (including the Suite hotels) we tried in the past. Not only in the middle of the night but also the next morning everybody around was friendly and helpful. The hotel is not brand new any more. It actually belonged to a different chain before Comfort Inn took it over several years ago. You don't see the age. It still looks new outside and inside. Rooms are certainly not comparable to Marriott or Sheraton but the well preserved condition easily makes up for the lack of sophistication and style. Everything was in good working order. On top of the usual features of this class of hotel we were surprised to find a recliner and an ergonomic chair. Most important feature: a very comfortable mattress. The hotel is located on Hwy 191 at the southern end of Paradise. We didn't have any problem with noise, not from the outside nor inside. For the small town of Paradise this is a five-star hotel. Even in Chico, 20 miles down the hill, and much larger than Paradise you will not be able to find anything better beside the outrageously expensive Hotel Diamond and two Marriotts which are always booked out. We will stay at the Comfort Inn again anytime.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 3, 2009

My first stay ever in California! Arrived around 10:30 p.m. after traveling from the Sacramento airport and I was starving - and completely lost. The employee at the desk gave me plenty of options that were north on Clark Road. Stayed for four nights and each time I arrived and left I was spoken to. The king-sized room was large and very clean. Breakfast was a continental one, with waffles. Well-maintained facility and my room was always cleaned and restocked. I would return in an instant!

A funny part was the third night I was there, Paradise had a thunderstorm and the power in the hotel went out from 11 p.m. until 3:20 a.m. For me, I was wide awake because I had just awaken! Everything was fine though!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stay at this hotel 2 - 3 times a year. It is always nice. The rooms are clean,good sized and comfortable. The building is nice the staff is friendly and helpful. I have yet to have a bad experieince at this hotel and we've been staying at it since shortly after it opened...

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2008

This was our second time staying at the Comfort Inn in Paradise, and it again lived up to all our expectations. We were visiting family for Thanksgiving and the staff was as accommodating as can be. The place was packed on our stay but our floor and room were quiet as can be. In fact, I was shocked at how many people were in the breakfast room the next morning -- so sure we were alone in this place because of the low noise level.

This is not an upscale hotel; it's a midpriced place that I think is worth the rate it charges. Our room had a wetbar with sink, fridge and microwave. There was excellent water pressure in the showers and extra towels in the bathroom despite only two of us on guest list. I like the homey feel and the helpful staff who are staring to feel like family. We'll definitely continue to stay there again and again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2008

I recently stayed here for business only because every hotel in Chico was booked up (back to school week).

This hotel looks better from the outside. The lobby and breakfast room are crowded together at the front entrance. The hotel seemed to have a strange odor throughout. My room was large with a "mini" kitchen area but everything seemed old and outdated. The room was clean but just old. The internet was down for most of my stay (apparently due to a fire in the area). It was quiet and there was a nice view from my window. The girl at the front desk was nice and helpful.

Overall, Paradise is not the place to stay. Drive 15 miles and stay in Chico at the Marriott or Residence Inn that is on 99 and Skyway.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Very friendly and helpful front desk, good basic, very clean accomodations. Only stayed one night (for business trip) but would stay here again. Actually had a cell phone signal in room which I could not get in much of this little town!

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 12, 2008

I recently stayed in Paradise to visit and stayed at the Comfort Inn. I like the fact that the motel was newly built, but hated that it was next to the main road. I stayed out by the pool with my sister and had people honking all the while we were out. I felt like we were on display. The place has all the usual amenities but the location stinks. I might try a QUITER place next time.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Oxford Suites Chico
Ramada Plaza Chico
Ramada Plaza Chico
#8 of 17 in Chico
The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino

Been to Best Western Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!