“Meal Fit For A King”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 379 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Cal Train is located one block away at University Ave.
Description: Fleming's Palo Alto, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Stanford Shopping Center near Menlo Park, Mountain View, Redwood City, and Woodside.
Reviewed April 4, 2016

My wife and I were given a gift certificate, for a romantic dinner for two, at Fleming's in Palo Alto, Ca. Since neither of us had been there before, this is a chain, I didn’t know quite what to expect. After being greeted at the door we were led to our table, by a very nice host, and introduced to our waiter Marissa. Because it was Sunday, both of us had decided to order the Prime Rib dinner special. I have no idea why it’s only available on Sunday, but believe me, it was a meal fit for a king. You get a choice of salads, the main course with one side dish and then any desert you want. They do offer an extensive wine list, but we brought our own bottle ($20 corkage fee) and it went very well with the meal. The salad was larger than I had imagined and it could have been a meal in itself. The Prime Rib was cooked to perfection and was quite a generous portion as well. For side dishes, my wife ordered the asparagus and I opted for the creamed spinach. We finished off the dinner with two orders of the Lava Cake. This takes about an extra 15 minutes to prepare, but it was well worth it. It was heaven on a plate. This is the first time that I have been to Fleming's and it will not be the last. The service, the food and the attention to detail made our visit very special.

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

The four of us went on Monday night. Faced with difficult choice between the Pre Fixe or the Prime Monday collections, two of us went Pre and two Prime. All were delicious. The filet mignon was so tender that it melts in our mouths. Unlike other steakhouses the meat is not overseasoned or beefy tasting. It rank among the best we have had in recent years. The lobster tail also is succulent and cooked just right. Carrot cake dessert was moist and refreshing.

Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

For its price and location, don't bother. Apps were delicious-make sure you get the pork belly, bread was served with a delicious butter, and wine list was extensive. The salads were overdressed although chilled. The steaks, across the table were overdone-asked for medium, received it well. Ordered lobster and it came out over cooked. They did remove the items that were not eaten which was courteous. The steaks that were done well, were delish. As the plates were inconsistent, couldn't rate this well. Head to Alexander's.

1  Thank carleontheroad
Reviewed March 13, 2016

In a shopping center, this steakhouse was really disappointing. We had dinner here and couldn't really understand the good ratings. Average meat quality and wines, kind service nothing remarkable in the venue. And, way too expensive...

Michael James M, Owner at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Fleming's.
We strive to provide a perfect dining experience for our guests. Obviously, we failed to provide perfection for you and your guests during your recent visit. We are known for our use of fresh, local products, including the highest quality of USDA Prime Beef available. We also take our service standards very seriously. I cannot account for the lack of service that you received.

We did not live up to our reputation during your visit. I apologize and would like to invite you back as my guest. I look forward to making certain that your next visits provide a truly positive Fleming's experience.

Please call me and I will personally handle your reservation.

Michael James Martin,
Operating Partner

(650) 329-8457

Reviewed February 29, 2016

My daughter has celiac disease so eating out can be a challenge. Fleming's did an amazing job of making us feel welcome. Her food was prepared separately and safely; 100% gluten free. The waiter was kind and caring. The ambiance was fun and vibrant. We will return!