“Outstanding steak!”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Cal Train is located one block away at University Ave.
Description: Fleming's Palo Alto, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Stanford Shopping Center near Menlo Park, Mountain View, Redwood City, and Woodside.
Los Altos, Ca
“Outstanding steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Being from the Midwest my steak expectations are often not high in California where I now live.
However, a recent dinner at Fleming's in Palo Alto has changed that and I will return once a month for my steak quota. New York strip, medium rare, and charred was as good as any steak in the past in any location. Very surprised and happy about that. Service is very good and flexible as your waiter can vary portions, etc. Cocktails are also excellent but the wine list could use some expansion.

• Visited April 2013

Redwood City, California
“Fantastic Anniversary Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We went for our anniversary - when we walked they asked how we were and I said it was out anniversary. Manager came over to the table to congratulate us. Each had a cocktail and brought our own wine. Hubby had ribeye, I had filet with the potatoes and a side of asparagus.
Meat was cooked to perfection, and blessedly still hot when served- I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Service was excellent!
At end manager brought us a little box of truffles and congratuated us again.

• Visited September 2012
South Florida, Florida
“Good bar Happy Hour. Seemed consistent with other Flemings. Services was attentive, steaks were very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Decent happy hour selection at the bar. Filet flatbread looked divine but I didn't get a chance to try it. HH menu is only at bar. Table service was good, 1 person in my party was served the wrong dish but settled for it and the compd it. Ribeye was great and steamed spinach was nicely done. Overall very good consistent Flemings experience.

Boulder
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre food, offensive service. Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

It was surprising how bad the service was and how slow the kitchen was. What was more surprising was that after hours of waiting, the food was terrible. The waiter did not seem to care. His first response to our complaint was, "do you really want to wait for another steak?" I decided that I could get better service at the Jack n the Box drive through and left. I have worked in and managed restaurants for years and would fire any staff that acted like that to a guest. After we asked for a manager and watched the waiter tell, he (the manager) proceeded to watch about 15 minutes of the Sunday night football game before gracing us with his presence. It was clear that the ineptitude is systemic at this place. Stay away if you like to have a chance of enjoying a meal.

• Visited December 2012
“Freezing Cold”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We ate in the bar area and the staff propped the front door open. Cold air was flooding in and they were oblivious.
Great service, food was mediocre. Seems to be quite popular, not sure why.