“A Great Surprise”

Ranked #18 of 20 Dessert in Palo Alto
Palo Alto, California
“A Great Surprise”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just returned from a trip to Italy and we were having an Italian meal in honor of our trip and the Euro soccer final. I picked up some pizza from Patxis next door and was on the way to the car when I saw a family licking their gelato cones outside the shop. I darted in and was happy to see they had stracciatela (a bit like chocolate chip - my son's favorite flavor of gelato) and even happier when I found out they had Nocciola (hazelnut). I got a pint of both of those flavors and a pint of dark chocolate. Each was $7.95. They were delicious and I will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Colleen D

Santa Monica, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

It seems that great gelato is getting harder to find so run don't walk to this place. Best I have ever had, anywhere!

San Francisco
“Tasty, authentic gelato”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Unless you are planning to go to Florence, Gelato Classico is one of the closest things to an authentic gelato that you are going to find in these parts. They have various traditional flavors such as hazelnut, chocolate, and coffee, as well as some more interesting sorbet flavors. My favorite is the passionfruit sorbet!

Visited March 2011
USA
“Fantastic little gelato joint!”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Excellent! Very good. And the staff member working there was super friendly! She was real nice and let us taste test a couple kinds of gelato. The gelatos were flavorful and delicious. Each of us got a couple different flavors and enjoyed each one a lot. Definitely will be back to this friendly little place!

• Visited December 2011
Palo Alto, CA
“Spumoni like you've never had”
Reviewed October 26, 2008

All the gelato is delicious but their spumoni gelato is divine. Trust me.