“Very good food and great value!”

Taqueria El Grullense J & G
Ranked #84 of 356 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
“Very good food and great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Went with co-workers for lunch, food came in a timely manner and was excellent. Nice salsa bar to choose from. Highly recommend this place.

palo alto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Taqueria El Flatulencia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We really like the enchiladas here and the prices are great, as is the hot sauce. The staff are also friendly. However, my digestive tract did not enjoy the experience quite as much. I thought it was just a fluke, so I went back about a year later, and experienced the sequel to Montezuma's revenge. I've never had this happen in 25 years of eating out in the Bay Area, so I'm a bit hesitant to return.

• Visited December 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“No Frills, Just Good, Inexpensive Authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took my kids (ages 11, 9 and 5) there. We got 3 tacos ($1.35 each), 1 wet green burrito ($7.75) and two vegetarian burritos ($5.75 each). Way too much food. My burrito was quite filling. I usually eat my food and help with the kids. Not thus time. Nine year old finished his tacos, but the 11 and 5 year olds could have shared a burrito especially since they are huge and we ate lots of free chips with a free toppings bar (two salsa types, pico de gallo, peppers and onions, etc. The service is order and pick up at the appropriate counter window. They saw me with my three kids and brought my two trays to our table. Nice service for a place that is really all about good, inexpensive food.

1 Thank John F
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Mexican food and so so affordable!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My favourite Mexican restaurant outside of Mexico. The interior is cheap and nasty but the food is superb and a bargain. A must visit 9/10

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Gerry R
“A great casual restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Great food with a "locals" flair. While you order and sit at long tables with an open kitchen, the resulting food will please. Will certainly return.