“Always excellent”

Piazza's Fine Foods
Ranked #132 of 376 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed February 7, 2013

They have a wonderful range of deli, food bar and bakery items. I live out of town, but visit them when I am there for whatever sounds good when I wander through. My mother is in a nursing facility in Palo Alto and I pick up sandwich trays to take in for the nurses. The trays always look very inviting and the sandwiches are very good. They also will produce them on little notice and they are ready at the time I request. I couldn't ask for better service.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Piazza's is a wonderful store with an amazing deli/sandwich in store. I also get food from the hot service, their chili verdi and curries are favorites of mine.

BUT...they also have the best butcher counter in town....I get all my meat and fish from there. The butchers are knowledgable and very helpful....rare these days! Also their produce is local, and top notch. Outstanding cheese selection too!

My favorite store in Palo Alto.

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I highly recommend the baked goods at piazza. The chocolate croissants are delicious. The store itself also offers a wide array of foods and beverages. It's conviently located on San Antonio in close proximity to the Oshman jcc along with various schools in the Palo Alto district.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I liked their deli sandwiches. An OK variety on their salads. My out of town co-workers and I ate lunch here every day for three weeks; their sandwiches are good and there are not a lot of other restaurants in the area. You need to be a little careful on their groceries since some things, like nuts, were expensive. The staff is friendly and attentive. Produce was good.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

For such a tiny market, Piazza's does an amazing job of carrying a wide selection of foods including international favorites. They serve a diverse clientele, so there is an in house sushi maker along with a wide variety of cheeses, indian curries in the hot case, and paninis in the deli. If you are looking for an unusual ingredient or something very specific for a recipe, they are likely to carry it. It can be hard to find items in the store, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. Many have been there for years and it feels like a small town grocery. They also carry a nice selection of wines, and some cute gifts, high end wrapping paper, and paper goods for parties. On weekends in good weather, you can get barbeque items from a grill outside. They have just announced plans to expand into some space next door and enlarge the cheese section and include a little indoor seating.