“Excellent place, friendly prices.”
Review of The Counter

The Counter
Reserve with OpenTable
The Counter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Reviewed November 29, 2012

One of the best hamburgers I had.
Reasonable prices. The only problem is that the wait is really really long on a rainy days when outside seating is not available.

There are newer reviews for The Counter

Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is a lot of hype about this place - must be the price that convinces the clients that they are getting something worth paying for. Frankly, this place is very expensive and, at best, average. It is just a burger - you can get it in a bowl, on a bun, with a few options, but at $14 or $16 a piece, it is not remarkable for anything else, but the price. The gimmicks do not make for good food or good dining experience, the food fell short. The service is not that good either - hard to understand why anybody would get exited about this place. Save your time and money and avoid this place, there are many more worthwhile places to spend both.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our son and his wife turned us on to this throwback burger joint which was quite busy on a Friday night foe a good reason. Lots of options on burger size, extras, sauces, bun type etc. We had fun just chatting about the crazy combinations which helped pass the time during our 45 minute wait. Well worth it!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I don't eat that many burgers, but I do love them, so when I do, I go to the "best" place(s). I was introduced to this place by my son, and the good thing is: I live on the East Coast! If I lived near Stanford, I'd be going to this amazing restaurant all the time. You pick your size of burger and how you want it cooked, plus from a wide variety of cheeses, toppings, buns, and sauces. So instead of having to order what someone ELSE thinks is a good combination, you decide. I heard the shakes are fabulous, but didn't have on. Although I wouldn't pick The Counter for a "special occasion," there WAS a party of 12 college-age "kids" celebrating a birthday.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family and I do not eat beer, so why do we go here? Their turkey burgers are wonderful! We come all the time to get our turkey burger fix.