“Dead-on a Friday evening”

La Strada Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
La Strada Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 361 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Florence Street
Transit: The Palo Alto Caltrain stop is just a few blocks away.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were jetlagged and desperate .we were unable to find a table at our regular mayfield cafe,so decided to try this place.the house salad and fried calamari starters were fine.
The bread basket didn't taste fresh and the person serving waters did not look very clean.
We ordered lasagna and wild mushroom pizza with truffle oil and buckwheat pasta.
The lasagna turned out edible enough .i wish I could say the same for the text.
The pizza base wasreally dense and thick for a thin crust and the taste of truffle oil and wild mushrooms was totally murdered by the addition of tomato sauce.we couldn't bring ourselves to eat more than half a slice.my husband found it hard to eat the unpalatable buckwheat pasta.
We decided it was best not to order any desserts and calked it a day.
Not worth the money or time.i would rather eat at counters,which serves good burgers than dish out phoney italian food

1  Thank gomansi
There are newer reviews for La Strada Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed January 12, 2014

First of all: food was ok so far.
but calling this restaurant as an Italian is an insult to any real Italian restaurant and they abuse the term Italian
I ordered a bruschetta. but got pizza with mushrooms and partly tomatoes on that thin pizza slices.
the taste was mexican style (a bit like a Burrito). Bruschetta is one of the super basics.
I ordered Ravioli as main course. the taste was quite interesting. again more like mexican / latino.
Maybe I didn't a get the italian thing because all employees spoke spanish. Though the service was good

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very pleasant to sit outside and watch everyone, heaters work! My waiter let me try my wine which was much appreciated. Food was excellent and nice wine selection. I was by myself and did not feel out of place at all.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food was delicious and the location is even better. University is a wonderful street in Palo Alto for shopping and dining and the people watching from this location was great. I was there for lunch and look forward to trying dinner there very soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were looking for a good Italian restaurant for dinner in Palo Alto, and La Strada turned out to be just what we were looking for. it is located on University Avenue, the "in" street in Palo Alto. Our group of 7 tried out various dishes including salmon, chicken, pasta and pizza and all dishes were tasty and well presented. Service was attentive.