“Sheraton Palo Alto, CA”

Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located, reasonable, and very comfortable. I think it is one of the nicest hotels in the area. I liked the fact that you can choose to valet or self park. From this hotel, you can walk to downtown Palo Alto and there are lots of upscale shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: join the starwood club for special rates.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MAUREEN D
Gurpreet K, Manager at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Maureen D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you found our central location very convenient. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at The Sheraton Palo Alto and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is a little old and the rooms definitely need refreshing, yet they were clean and very comfortable. The location is amazing, across the street from Stanford U and a very short walk to downtown, which was so quaint and charming lots of outside cafes, etc....
What really gives this hotel an amazing feel is the front desk staff, my husband and I were both very impressed with how professional, warm and welcoming the staff members were at time of check-in and throughout our stay.
The pool was wonderful, unfortunately the bar and restaurant are part of the pool area and take up 1/2 of the real estate around the pool - so finding a lounge chair could be tricky, people not using the pool/sunbathing were utilizing quite a few of the loungers eating/drinking. Not a relaxing pool environment by any means.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Donotcomplain,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am delighted to hear our front office team made a difference in your stay. We value your patronage and hope to welcome you again in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

too expensive for what you receive. rooms are noisy. wifi in hotelroom costs 10 dollars per day - incredible. very close to university - especially that's why prices are questionable (if you are a student!)
next time i choose another hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If your son or daughter is visiting or attending Stanford, this is the closest hotel to campus. It is older, but is clean and has been updated. It has the look of an older hotel, but that makes it kitschy. The staff is always nice and helpful. The rooms are nice and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel is walking distance to University avenue in downtown Palo Alto, or campus. It is puzzling driving into and out of the hotel when you first try it, but by the time your stay is over you will have it down pat! Of course!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Gurpreet K, Manager at Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Zuzu35,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with us. It always pleases us when our guests are able to enjoy their time and take advantage of our centrally situated location. Our goal is to exceed expectations and provide all of our guests with the best possible time.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you once again upon your return to Stanford.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Have stayed at the Sheraton a few times due to its proximity to Palo Alto global HQ of big IT companies. Having lived in Asia for many years and used to getting a very different level of customer service, nicer rooms, and better bang for buck this Sheraton is a huge disappointment. If you can afford I've found there are other options that should be looked at. The challenge is that as its so close to Stanford if there is anyone on at the university and it conflicts with work meetings you could end up at even more substandard hotels, so you need to look at book early around Palo Alto.

Only good thing about this hotel is that my wife told me we she was pregnant in the middle of the night whilst I was traveling for work years ago, so at least that memory is nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel does it's work with no extra. Walking distance to Stanford, restaurants and night life in Palo Alto. Close to SF and airport trains. Nice pool and poolside bar. A swim and a fruit breakfast by the pool is a perfect way to start the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Never again. Actually, never in the first place! I reserved and pre-paid for a room with two double beds. Upon check in, I was told they did not have a room for me, but I could have a room with one bed and a roll-in cot, and they "wouldn't even charge me extra!" I explained that we were a party of four (2 adults + 2 children) and that wouldn't be acceptable. The front desk clerk was extremely rude and continued to tell me they could give me a room for three, and that I would not have to pay for the "extra" cot. I acknowledged that we were both frustrated, but, AGAIN that I paid for a room for 4 and that is what I needed. He finally called the Westin next door, secured a room for me, and told me AGAIN that the Sheraton would not charge me extra. At that point, I felt compelled to explain that when a business makes a mistake, the customer is in no way responsible for paying to remedy that mistake, and that the Sheraton needs to compensate me for taking my money and giving nothing in return. His answer-- "Like what?" SO RUDE. I asked for and got free parking, but so what? If the Westin didn't have a room for us my family could have been sleeping in that parking lot. Unbelievable. If I could give zero stars I would. This is a hotel that will take your money and put you on the street.

• Stayed: August 2013