I made the mistake of making reservations at this hotel without checking the reviews on Trip Advisor. I assumed that the conference was at the hotel, instead it was located nearby at Stanford, so we could have stayed at any of the many area hotels.
This hotel has got to be one of the worst hotel experiences we have ever had.
1. Room faced the nearby train, which passes frequently
2. Room was next to the stairway from the back parking lot, very noisy with the door slamming
3. Room was dirty, including windows & assorted stains on furniture & carpet
4. Several rooms nearby had a loud party
5. Staff had difficulty quieting party & refused to let us change rooms.
6. Indifferent staff
7. Elevator broke with me and others in it
8. TV didn’t have sound on many channels, just static
9. Charge $10 a day for parking, which is not listed on the website or reservation confirmation
10. Arm to parking not not functioning and attendant was grouchy since he had to help open the arm for the guests
It seems like this hotel needs some major renovations, it’s old and tired. It doesn’t feel like a Sheraton, more like an old motel. Location is both good and bad. Close to Stanford University, but even closer to the train which passes by frequently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel is a luxury accommodation in Silicon Valley near Stanford University and San Francisco Bay Area attractions like Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Chinatown, and Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Palo Alto
- Palo Alto Sheraton