“Bang for your buck” 4 of 5 stars

The Palo Alto Inn
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
“Bang for your buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel while in town for BFD 2011. And we were pleasantly suprised with the clean rooms, reasonable prices and, in room amenities. We Liked it so much we already booked it for our next trip out there.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Clarkston, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The rooms are old but they are kept incredibly clean. Even the sidewalks are swept. There is a white plastic lawn chair in front of each room and they look like they just came from the store. The most interest part is the 'continental breakfast' consists of a generous assortment of breakfast bars, wrapped pastries, cookies, chips, microwave popcorn, hot chocolate, coffee and tea. These items are all placed on the coffee tray. There is no room for a conventional breakfast at this motel so you are able to enjoy your 'breakfast' in your room.
The heating/air conditioning unit is placed above the closet and the fan is noisy but it does the job.
I stayed here to visit a friend who was in the Stanford University Medical Center. The bus service is easy, efficient and reasonably priced.
Overall, I consider this place is a good value and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed at Days Inn in Palo Alto just a few days ago and found it to be a charming little place tucked away in Palo Alto. The rooms were excellent, neat, tidy, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was good. The staff was courteous, friendly and polite, they made me feel welcome at the hotel. Nice location, close to Stanford and Palo Alto. I was very happy with my stay here, would easily come back again for business. All in all a big thumbs up..

Room Tip: Talk to reception
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My daughters and I were college hunting over Spring Break, and chose this Days Inn because of price, location, good reviews as well as the AAA rating. Poor customer service soured our experience. We arrived late, having traveled all day. I had a printout of my reservation which showed the total price for me and children. The office person argued that the reservation on her computer screen was for me only, and that my children would cost extra. We went back and forth. It didn't matter what was on my printout from the website. Finally, because of the hour I agreed to pay extra. I told her I would be complaining, and she was fine with that. Then, suddenly, while processing my payment she saw on her computer screen that my reservation included my children. I still didn't get my original price, but it was just a bit higher and I was too tired to argue. This really put a damper on our stay. Add to this, the front windows did not lock properly; the hair dryer shorted out every minute or two; the alarm clock went off loud and clear at 3:30 in the morning (don't you think they should check something like that?); wifi was impossibly slow, and one of the keys didn’t work.
On the positive side, this is a clean motel. It has been renovated in the past couple years. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast is very light—it’s pre-stocked in your room: 2 danish, packet of chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, chips, 2 juices, waters, coffee.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I stayed there for the evening before a meeting and had the pleasure of meeting the property manager of hotel ..What a friendly and helpful person.She makes you feel at home and tries to accomendate you in every way. The rooms are very clean the property is extremely quiet and whenever in the the area i will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Recently returned from a five night stay. Really excellent for a budget motel. The property is old and it shows, particularly in the common areas. But the rooms were recently remodeled, bath is clean and modern, bed is very comfortable. Room was quiet and set well back from El Camino Real. AC was also quiet.

The wireless internet is not the speediest, but the signal is strong. The "breakfast" is just a selection of packaged goods - pastries, snack bars, popcorn, water, juice boxes, coffee, etc. replenished in the room each day. Room is outfitted with microwave, refrigerator, and plenty of programming available on the TV.

This property is a very good value, would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This motel was reasonablely priced, it was immaculate with a fresh coat of paint on the walls and pristine tile grount in the bathroom. The manager was friendily and helpful. On my trip to visit colleges this was the least expensive, the cleanest, and the best value of the three different motel chains in which we stayed.
GUY GIEMONT