“OK Motel for visit with family”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Creekside Inn

Creekside Inn
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“OK Motel for visit with family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

We were all in Palo Alto for a wedding and were directed by locals to this motel - NOT a hotel in any sense. The rooms were large and clean, we were able to visit each other's rooms with ease, felt comfortable with staff. Pool in the afternoon was fun with everyone.
It had a small store for sandwiches and such and a restaurant with inflated prices per family - I didn't try it. Got a group rate that was reasonable.
Nothing great but nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your visit to the Creekside Inn. We agree, we are not a traditional hotel: we are a unique property on 3.5 acres with a running stream, meticulous gardens, convenience store and deli, and we do have a full-service restaurant on property! Even our room types and property building layouts are unique: we have many different room types at the hotel- from Creekside King Deluxe rooms to the King Creek Suites with kitchenettes, to the Junior Tower Suites in our Tower building (and a few more room types in between!). Every room at our Inn has a patio or balcony, and we have 8 buildings to host our guests. We like to think of the Creekside Inn as a Palo Alto retreat. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, our rooms, and the value you received at our property.

We hope we can host you again.
Kind Regards,
Creekside Inn Management and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

I went to Palo Alto for a wedding and stayed at the Creekside Inn and wish I had a reason to go back to Palo Alto just to stay at this place again. They really treat you well - better than a 4 star hotel. The bed is very comfortable. The room is clean. They have very nice complimentary, upscale toileteries...even give you lip balm. They have bathrobes. They provide you with 2 bottles of water at no charge and additional bottles are just $1 each!!! Now, that is impressive. Their gym is nice. The grounds are very pretty. The restaurant has good food. The grocery store is more than a grocery store - they sell gourmet coffee drinks, ice cream cones and also have a delicatessan. They have complimentary coffee and pastries in the morning. This place has thought of everything!!! The only thing I would caution you about is to confirm your reservations and/or cancellations repeatedly. We and other friends staying there had problems with this whether we reserved via Expedia or directly with the hotel. Definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed here on a business trip when no other hotel in the area was available. The website describes the property as "boutique hotel" where one can enjoy the "height of luxury". Both are exaggerations. I would describe this as a motel, with many ground-floor doors opening directly to parking spaces a few feet away. Maybe there are rooms elsewhere on this property that offer a hotel feel, but I didn't see them.
My ground-floor ("Superior King Patio" $199) room was one of those that opened onto the parking lot, ("convenient to parking"), much like other motels on this busy road. As a solo female business traveler I was a bit uneasy with the room location but was told it was the only room available.
Had I known I was going to be staying at a motel, I would not have been very surprised at the location or average quality of my room (hard foam pillows, bland dated decor, noisy air conditioner with no thermostat).
Because they are close driving distance to Stanford University and charge half the amount some area hotels charge, this place will be a clean and convenient option for many travelers---just don't expect a hotel experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
CreeksideMGR, Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting our property, and for your comments. Our Palo Alto inn offers 136 rooms and suites within a beautiful 3 1/2 acre creek side garden setting. Just minutes away from downtown Palo Alto, Stanford, Google, NASA and Silicon Valley corporations, the Creekside Inn offers great value and an excellent service experience in Palo Alto. As you mention, the Creekside Inn does have exterior entrances to some rooms, but we also offer a variety of room types within our tower building with each floor accessed by the guests room key, as a sole female traveler we understand the importance of your peace of mind and would suggest that a tower room be requested for future visits. The Creekside Inn is an independent boutique lodging, and offers a quiet oasis in the heart of Silicon Valley with a meandering creek that runs through our grounds and many rooms with patios that overlook the grounds. We offer amenities like complimentary hybrid car service, an eco-friendly commitment with Green Lodging certification from the State of California, a full-service restaurant and lounge, pool, deli, conference facilities, rooms with kitchenettes, and several varieties of room types. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service along with value added amenities and a unique experience of a “home away from home” within our tranquil garden setting.

We thank you for visiting the Creekside Inn, and hope that your travels bring you to Palo Alto again soon.

Kind Regards,
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

We had a lovely weekend stay at the Creekside Inn. Before making my reservation, I had checked out several reviews and chose Creekside. I was happy with my decision! I wanted something special, small and personalized for my birthday weekend, and I chose this location because it's near Stanford University, where my son attends. I was tired of the bigger, more impersonal chains and I didn't want to spend the high prices on on non resort area (I'll spend the big bucks on somewhere like Hawaii, but not a city or suburb). I also didn't want a budget type "fast food" type chain place.
Creekside exceeded my expectations...the property is lovely...the buildings are older, but well kept, the grounds are lush and beautiful...that's why I called it an oasis. Very restful. The room was comfortable, quiet, clean and had all the amenities of a nice hotel. I think the best part was the superb service. I found personalized service and kindness. They knew it was my birthday, and upgraded my room without request and sent a gift basket to my room with a personalized note! What a nice touch! We will definitely stay at Creekside again and recommend it to other Stanford parents. I wish I had found it sooner!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenbrae, CA 94904
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

This is only a fair-average hotel at the most. Sleep quality was poor. The sheets on the bed were rough and scratchy because they had "pilled" and there were little nubs of material all over them. The pillows were hard as a rock. The shower stall was so small that I could barely fit into it and I am NOT a large person.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank clevine57
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for your valuable comments. Your feedback has been forwarded to our housekeeping department for their review and will be addressed in our staff meeting. It is our mission to deliver and to have our guests “experience excellent service” and your description is not to the satisfaction of our management and staff.

We offer a selection of room types ranging from standard rooms to 2 room suites and from your description is sounds as though you were placed in one of the smaller room types. We have 8 buildings on property, with several room types, and while we are constantly upgrading and maintaining our hotel, our Creek Deluxe rooms have very large bathrooms and have recently been renovated. Our property does provide helpful value-added amenities like wireless Internet access, free parking, on-site restaurant and eco-friendly amenities, a pool and hybrid car transport.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope that you will give us a chance to address your stay by giving the property manager a call at 650-493-2411.

Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

Poor service, not a boutique, old, uncomfortable, dirty...you can do a lot better for this price in Palo Alto. If you want a developing country experience, then stay here. Otherwise, choose the Crown Plaza. This is where we moved after a night at Creekside and it was well worth the cost.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest, We would like to thank you for visiting our property and we thank you for your tough feedback. Our boutique hotel is able to provide many thoughtful amenities that many competing properties cannot provide: on-site restaurant and lounge, a commitment to responsible Green Hospitality and certification from the state of California, complementary wireless Internet access, free hybrid transportation service, wine hour, eco-friendly amenities, we have lovely gardens, a pool, and it is our mission to ensure that our guests “experience exceptional service.” We offer an atmosphere a little different than a mainstream-chain hotel, and many guests do prefer our property to that style of hotel.

We would like to thank you very much for your feedback regarding our hotel. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a comfortable and worry free stay for all our guests. While we wish we could have met your needs, we hope you did enjoy your stay in Palo Alto. We would appreciate if you could contact the property manager for more details on your visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

I guess one is always faced with a choice - should one opt for the large, chain hotel or for the charm of a bed-breakfast hotel? Creekside is a real hotel, but it has the charm of one of those British bed-breakfast kind of places. The staff are highly professional and courteous. The room I had was clean and well-appointed, with everything that I needed for my stay. One of the best features of this hotel is their fleet of shuttle cars that the hotel uses to shuttle guests anywhere within a 5-mile radius. It obviates the need to summon a taxi at every turn. Plus they go out of their way to make the guest's stay hassle-free -- in particular, thank you Josue, Stacey, and Meena!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business