All reviewsciboattached restaurantcreek runningel caminoshuttle serviceconvenience storelip balmcomplimentary winewithin milesbeautiful groundsquiet locationstanford universityfree shuttleparking loton site restaurantthe palo alto areabottled water
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel just because of the convenient location for both me and my husbands business trips. The hotel is not nice in my books. The first thing I noticed was that already in the elevator there was a very pungent smelling air refreshment spray. I felt like I could not breathe in this small elevator with this spray. The smells got worse when entering the corridors inside the building and also the room. I had to buy a scented candle to get a bit distracted of this smell but it didn't help much as it just blended with the existing smell.
The furniture was really basic and gave a cheap impression. The bathtub was made out of plastic (not really hotel standard in my books).
The positive I can think of was the cleanliness of the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank emmicim
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest:
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Creekside Inn. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Our hotel is surrounded by various Eucalyptus species and depending on the weather the different fragrances affect different areas of the hotel. We will definitely look into other choices for the elevator deodorize to help address this issue. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that your trip to Palo Alto was otherwise enjoyable.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great bungalow style hotel, conveniently located on El Camino Real. Our building had just been renovated, so the exterior belied the hip interior vibe...laminated dark wood floors in the hallway, comfortable,crisp white duvet covered beds, new bathrooms. The rooms were on the cozy side, but great value for the location! The exercise room was surprisingly well equipped, with several treadmills, elipticals, bikes, weight machine and free weights. The free coffee and homemade danish in the morning was a bonus!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BigRed014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Creekside Inn. We are so excited that you enjoyed the recent renovations that the hotel has undergone, including the exterior of the hotel and the bathrooms. Our exercise room is a great compliment to our property and we are glad you were able to take advantage of it during your stay. I was also pleased to read that our bed was to your liking. Thank you for your comments! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Excellent staff, excellent service, would recommend to anyone!

Prabin at the front desk went above and beyond to accommodate us!

Would love to stay there again. Thank you so much for the great experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ronnie B
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I didn’t really expect a lot from this site, but got pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms, nice surrounding, friendly receptionist and conveniently located on El Camino Real. This is a great value accomodation in the middle of Palo Alto

Room Tip: Chose a room on the ground floor with access to the patio
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pstrebel
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The photos of the Creekside Inn made us think we were staying at a much more upscale hotel than it is. It is serviceable. The bed was comfortable. We were facing the garden, so it was quiet. The bathroom was utilitarian. The garden was lovely. But, no real breakfast, it is on a very busy and unattractive street, and has little character or charm. It would be OK for business if other places are booked (but no business center), but we were looking for a romantic weekend, and it didn't fit that bill at all.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the street. It is a very busy and unattractive street. Get a garden room. The garden is the best thing in the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emma1913
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Our photos reflect a true picture of our gardens and room accommodations. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your garden view, comfortable bed, and quiet room. Many of our customers describe us as a hidden oasis off El Camino Real. I am sorry that our hotel was not what you were looking for, but I hope that your visit to Palo Alto was successful otherwise. Thank you for staying with us!

Yours truly,