All reviews cibo attached restaurant creek running el camino shuttle service convenience store lip balm complimentary wine within miles beautiful grounds quiet location stanford university free shuttle parking lot on site restaurant the palo alto area bottled water
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean, some with very nice views. Definitely a step up from a regular chain motel. In addition to a restaurant, a full-service deli and mini-mart type convenience store is located on grounds. Complimentary drink tickets are provided for the evening happy hour - a nice touch. Wifi is complimentary as well.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens have much nicer views than those overlooking the street or pool.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was booked into the Creekside Inn by my school which sent me from Australia to California for a 1 day symposium. The staff at the creekside went above and beyond when I realised that my room had not yet been paid for as I had been told. Stacey gave me contacts and the support I needed to have all this fixed up before I even settled in. Even with the 18 hour time difference.
She also very generously upgraded my room.
The free wine tasting, free shuttle, free internet access as well as all the great facilities make this place fantastic.
Another staff member, Lesley! also helped on my last day even though I had checked out! I was able to use the shuttle and call up for help any time. Thanks also goes to tony! the shuttle driver. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: They are all good
1  Thank Teresa B
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Teresa B.,
Thank you for taking the time to summarize your great experience at the Creekside Inn Hotel with such kind comments. We are happy that your stay was comfortable, and that you enjoyed your room upgrade, wine tasting and our staff who strives to always provide exceptional service. I am also pleased you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle and that it was useful to you during your stay. Hope you have a safe trip back to Australia!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was excpecting a lot more from this hotel judging by its website. Lush gardens, a beautiful pool, restful rooms... In reality, it is slightly more than a regular budget motel. They have made an effort to upgrade the rooms. Mine was a nice size with a good workspace, nice carpeting and decent bathroom. But, the walls were so thin I could hear in detail every time my neighbor used the bathroom, as though they were in the room with me. I heard clearly normal volume phone conversations through the walls. My room looked over a parking lot just off a busy main drag, not a beautiful lush garden as i was expecting. The bed was not up to par with what i have experienced in nice hotels recently. Staff was uneven including a couple who were fairly unhelpful. The pool area is small and so so. All in all not a terrible place but I was expecting something more for the price they charge and the promising photos on the website. I did not feel like this was in any way good value for the money. This was not even in the category of a Hilton Garden Inn or similar hotel. For me the best feature of the hotel was the extremely friendly shuttle driver, he was wonderful.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the street, further back into the property
1  Thank rainsoaked
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Customer,
We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn Hotel. I am sorry to hear your view was not to your liking, but I do hope you were able to walk through our grounds and enjoy the landscaping. We are continuing to improve and renovate our rooms and we are glad that you were happy with the upgrades and size of your accommodations.

We hope to have the opportunity to service you again and show you the very best of the Creekside Inn Hotel.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Let me start with an analogy. If you bought a pair of Nike running shoes from Amazon and got a great deal, you're going to get the same quality if you got them from Nike itself, right? That apparently doesn't transfer to the hotel industry, especially if you book the Creekside Inn.

We did our due diligence and found a great deal through Hotwire. But upon check in, we got the most undesirable room in the place with ONE queen bed. When we asked if we could get a king or double beds, we were told they didn't have any more doubles... if we wanted a king, it would be an extra $80. When pressed on the issue, Prabin,? the dude at the registration desk, said he couldn't help us. It was 80 bucks or the room he'd assign to us. When pressed further, he was suddenly sold out and didn't want to help us any more.

Obviously irritated with us, he turned to a gentleman who had approached the desk. Guess what, the man wasn't happy with his room either, but Prabin suddenly pulled out a nicer room out of his backside and voila, the man was granted his wish. We on the other hand, were basically dared to take the room or walk away and find other accommodations, which we did.

It's not like this place is all that great, it's a motel dressed up to look like a 3-star hotel. It's a dump with a fresh coat of paint.

This seems to be happening more and more with Hotwire and Expedia. Hotels are dumping their less desirable rooms and giving them to people who book through these sites. What makes matters worse, you get places such as the CREEP-SIDE INN, where you get treated with bad attitude and condescending manners.

In all fairness, it's not and indictment on everyone. The night before, because we found ourselves in Palo Alto 24 hours sooner than expected, we booked the Westin through Hotwire. Upon check in, we were given a double bed, when we asked the front desk person if by chance we could be given a king-size bed, it was done immediately and with a smile. If the Westin can do this, by far a much nicer property, why can't the dumpy and moldy Creekside Inn.

Even if they were giving away free rooms at the Creekside Inn and there wasn't another place for miles, I would rather sleep on a park bench than ever set foot at this place again and much less spend any of my money here. People don't need to be treated like trash and without grace. This Prabin guy at the "Bates Motel" AKA Creekside Inn can't even spell customer care and service. Thanks for listening. You've been warned!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BarrioTravelers
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest:
We are extremely sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered at the our hotel during your visit to our area. We will take your comments and use them in our ongoing training and role play scenarios to avoid any issues like this from taking place in the future. We value your feedback and hope that your final destination was a successful and happier occasion. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your visit to the hotel.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Creekside Inn is an excellent place to stay for holiday or business. Well-located in Palo Alto, it has a great ambience that makes you feel you're in the woods . .. lots of green, the layout makes it seem private although it's on El Camino Real. There are decent places to eat nearby, and a convenience store on site. The rooms are excellent - very spacious and nice balcony - the amentities and toiletries have been given extra thought, so all in all, it makes for a fantastic stay. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest:
We are happy that you found the ambiance, spacious rooms and location of the Creekside Inn to be the perfect fit for your travels to Palo Alto. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our amenities and toiletries, we are glad that you enjoyed them.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another fantastic stay.