“Just loved it!”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I don't know why but I just loved this hotel. Great balcony in the room next to the beautiful trees and "wildlife." I felt like I was in a jungle. The LIPBALM they give you is ammmazzzzzzzingggg!!! I used it for a year after. I also tanned by the pool often. This place is just great. Stay here!

Room Tip: Stay on a ground floor to be closer to the wonderful wildlife. Make sure to be on the side close to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
KingGeorgeMgr, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so happy that you had an exceptional stay at the Creekside Inn hotel. Your comments about the amazing lip balm are appreciated, as well as the detail description of your room location with the beautiful trees and the pool. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Creekside Inn Hotel. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the third time in the last two years we have stayed at Creekside. All three times we have stayed five to seven nights. Each stay was affordable, quite and a very helpful courteous staff. Solomon was extremely helpful for arranging shuttles and giving us information. I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a good value in Palo Alto.

Room Tip: If you are looking for quite ask for building F
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so glad that your third trip to Palo Alto was a success, we value all our guests and especially our repeat customers. I have forwarded your message to our front office staff and I will thank Solomon for extending exceptional service during your extended stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Creekside Inn.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed in room 147 for two nights while visiting Stanford University. I booked the room several weeks in advance, and had some difficulty when I needed to change my dates by one day. It took several calls and finally an e-mail to the General Manager to make the change. I didn't realize my reservation had restrictions. The GM handled the matter promptly and my dates were changed without a penalty. My rate of $271 plus 12% tax per night was reasonable for the room. We were on the bottom floor of the lower building, right beside the restaurant. The room was dated, a little dark, but very clean with comfortable beds. My biggest complaint, besides the slow service from the reservations desk, was the noise. I could hear walking in the rooms above me and the cars on Camino Real sounded as if they were right outside my door (because they were). I think a room farther away from the street and on a higher floor would be quieter. The location of this small hotel is its greatest asset. Just down the street from Stanford and minutes away from the hip area of Mountain View. I would recommend the Creekside Inn if you pay less than $300, otherwise, there could be some disappointment. I applaud the hotel's commitment to energy conservation: complete with car charging stations. The breakfast at Cibo was not so good.

Room Tip: Away from the street and on a higher floor, to avoid the noise.
1  Thank Sharon R
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that our location and proximity to Stanford University and Mountain View were a good fit for your visit to Palo Alto. I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the rooms and the restaurant both of which will be used as we upgrade our hotel to better serve our customers. Our company has a strong commitment to further our green efforts as illustrated by our EV charging stations. We thank you again for your comments and hope that you will consider our hotel if your travels bring you back to Palo Alto.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Every now and than you find a gem of a hotel unexpectialy ! Thats what we did with the Creekside inn. our daughter works close by and has stayed at the creekside many time, so we booked here at her and Tripadvisers advise. we were so happy , spotless rooms , wonderfull grounds , WOW!!! They have it all !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The suite was well appointed and nicely situated. The grounds are beautiful with well kept landscaping and lighting. Overall the property was well maintained and the suite was very clean.
I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a late booking I could only reserve a suite at a price of $400 per night for two nights. This is way too expensive but that said, my stay was largely pretty good. The positives were clean facilities and and extremely quiet room, but there were some frustrating aspects.

Firstly at Reception, the gentleman who was checking me in seemed to think that if someone rang him while he was checking me in then the person on the phone should get priority. Plain rude and annoying after travelling for 15 hours.

Then the facilities - impossible to work out how to operate the shower without trial and error as all the indications had been worn off over time. As many people have noted, this is a rather dated hotel. Annoying also not to have a bottle opener in my "kitchenette".

I was also a bit disappointed by the adjoining Cibo restaurant. My breakfast was underwhelming with an extremely small "small" juice and an equally small and lukewarm latte. I also ate there one evening and was surprised at the portion sizes - expecting normal American portion size I didn't bother with a starter but my main was by no means excessive.

So, I had a comfortable stay, but in essence paid too much for it. I would stay again because I could walk to the office but I'd hope to be able to get a cheaper room and have time to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you very much for your candid feedback regarding the hotel. I am glad that you found the room to be quiet and clean. We will review your comments with our front office associates to avoid issues like this in the future. We will definitely add the opener in the kitchen area and let our restaurant owner know about your food portion recommendations. Thank you so much for your feedback and hope to see again during your future travels to Palo Alto.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Made our reservations online. Checked in at 10 pm and the staff was waiting for us. Check-in was a breeze. The floors can only be accessed with a key card, which was great added security. The fan/heater/AC and fridge were noisy through the night, so not a good idea if you are a light sleeper. The hotel is an easy walk to eateries. I walked the 1.5 miles to the Stanford campus and it was an easy walk too.

Room Tip: Top floors are better
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KiddySing
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn in Palo Alto. I am happy to hear that your check in was a breeze and that you able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Stanford campus and walk there. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.