“Special place !!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Eagle, Idaho
“Special place !!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Every now and than you find a gem of a hotel unexpectialy ! Thats what we did with the Creekside inn. our daughter works close by and has stayed at the creekside many time, so we booked here at her and Tripadvisers advise. we were so happy , spotless rooms , wonderfull grounds , WOW!!! They have it all !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chico, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The suite was well appointed and nicely situated. The grounds are beautiful with well kept landscaping and lighting. Overall the property was well maintained and the suite was very clean.
I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a late booking I could only reserve a suite at a price of $400 per night for two nights. This is way too expensive but that said, my stay was largely pretty good. The positives were clean facilities and and extremely quiet room, but there were some frustrating aspects.

Firstly at Reception, the gentleman who was checking me in seemed to think that if someone rang him while he was checking me in then the person on the phone should get priority. Plain rude and annoying after travelling for 15 hours.

Then the facilities - impossible to work out how to operate the shower without trial and error as all the indications had been worn off over time. As many people have noted, this is a rather dated hotel. Annoying also not to have a bottle opener in my "kitchenette".

I was also a bit disappointed by the adjoining Cibo restaurant. My breakfast was underwhelming with an extremely small "small" juice and an equally small and lukewarm latte. I also ate there one evening and was surprised at the portion sizes - expecting normal American portion size I didn't bother with a starter but my main was by no means excessive.

So, I had a comfortable stay, but in essence paid too much for it. I would stay again because I could walk to the office but I'd hope to be able to get a cheaper room and have time to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you very much for your candid feedback regarding the hotel. I am glad that you found the room to be quiet and clean. We will review your comments with our front office associates to avoid issues like this in the future. We will definitely add the opener in the kitchen area and let our restaurant owner know about your food portion recommendations. Thank you so much for your feedback and hope to see again during your future travels to Palo Alto.

Singapore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Made our reservations online. Checked in at 10 pm and the staff was waiting for us. Check-in was a breeze. The floors can only be accessed with a key card, which was great added security. The fan/heater/AC and fridge were noisy through the night, so not a good idea if you are a light sleeper. The hotel is an easy walk to eateries. I walked the 1.5 miles to the Stanford campus and it was an easy walk too.

Room Tip: Top floors are better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KiddySing
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn in Palo Alto. I am happy to hear that your check in was a breeze and that you able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Stanford campus and walk there. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Davis, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was super clean and cozy! The most I care about in a hotel is the cleanness of the bedding and bathroom, and I must say this hotel did perfect on those! Me and my husband had a pleasant stay and we both want to give this place a 5-star review!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ririh
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times in the last two years and somewhat surprisingly to myself have found it a familiar, comfortable place to stay. it is not a modern hotel...rather a 1950's era motel that has reinvented itself as an eco friendly place. The staff is excellent...very customer oriented....and the breakfast at the adjoining Cibo restaurant is very good.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tina V
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Plans for open heart surgery of my son. Called 1 week ahead explained to front desk details. I repeated my self because the man had a English speaking and understanding problem. My mother and my wife go to check in after along day at hospital. Guess what they did not have a reservation under our name and they are sold out sorry. The details I told the front desk must have not been understood. My mother and wife driving down El Camino real blvd at 11 pm looking for a place to sleep. If your wondering where I was at the hospital with my son. Sorry I'm am pissed. Creekside does not pay attention to detail..........never again . I would not even stay there for free .....

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I hope that your son’s surgery was successful and that he is in good health.
I have reviewed your comments with our front desk associates in order to learn from our mistakes and hope to avoid an issue like this in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to further review your comments.