“I would stay here again.”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Made our reservations online. Checked in at 10 pm and the staff was waiting for us. Check-in was a breeze. The floors can only be accessed with a key card, which was great added security. The fan/heater/AC and fridge were noisy through the night, so not a good idea if you are a light sleeper. The hotel is an easy walk to eateries. I walked the 1.5 miles to the Stanford campus and it was an easy walk too.

Room Tip: Top floors are better
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KiddySing
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn in Palo Alto. I am happy to hear that your check in was a breeze and that you able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Stanford campus and walk there. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was super clean and cozy! The most I care about in a hotel is the cleanness of the bedding and bathroom, and I must say this hotel did perfect on those! Me and my husband had a pleasant stay and we both want to give this place a 5-star review!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ririh
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the last two years and somewhat surprisingly to myself have found it a familiar, comfortable place to stay. it is not a modern hotel...rather a 1950's era motel that has reinvented itself as an eco friendly place. The staff is excellent...very customer oriented....and the breakfast at the adjoining Cibo restaurant is very good.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tina V
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Plans for open heart surgery of my son. Called 1 week ahead explained to front desk details. I repeated my self because the man had a English speaking and understanding problem. My mother and my wife go to check in after along day at hospital. Guess what they did not have a reservation under our name and they are sold out sorry. The details I told the front desk must have not been understood. My mother and wife driving down El Camino real blvd at 11 pm looking for a place to sleep. If your wondering where I was at the hospital with my son. Sorry I'm am pissed. Creekside does not pay attention to detail..........never again . I would not even stay there for free .....

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I hope that your son’s surgery was successful and that he is in good health.
I have reviewed your comments with our front desk associates in order to learn from our mistakes and hope to avoid an issue like this in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to further review your comments.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here while family member being treated at Stanford Medical Center. Reasonable rates given at this time as a Stanford patients family. It was quiet, the grounds gave a relaxed feel (important at this time) and the location to Medical Center was perfect. Our room was over the creek, and while not as large as some newer facilities may have, the cleanliness totally made up for that. We would definitely stay here again. Continental breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visiting friends up the road - I loved coming home to this place at the end of long days. It is a funky motel but cool at the same time.

Inspired: Christine at the front desk was exceptional and the housekeeping staff was amazing

Pro: location is ideal, room was quiet, other guests friendly, toiletries first class, they leave candy in the room!

Con: a little dated but it grows on you

Return: yes in a New York minute

Purchased: via Hotwire Vacation Package - saved serious money

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 275GTS
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. The hotel has been in Palo Alto for many years and we strive to provide every customer with exceptional service and to deliver amenities that create a sense of wellness and care such as the candy in the rooms and the useful toiletries. We thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Creekside over Stanford Commencement weekend (2012), which was busy - the hotel was completely full. Rooms were clean, and the gardens were pleasant. We had a large group (five rooms) and the staff was helpful and gracious -- including letting us check in early to our rooms.

We had several elderly women in our party, including one with Parkinsons. After we had checked into another room, we realized she was going to have trouble using the bathroom. The staff was able to move her to a disabled-accessible room, which made her (and the rest of us) feel so much safer!

When we departed, we managed to leave behind a laptop in one of our rooms. To our delight, the housekeeping staff set it aside, and it was returned to us.

Thank you, Creekside!! We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lamenke
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn! With it being such a busy time over Stanford’s commencement weekend, we certainly appreciate that you noticed the attentiveness of our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!