Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Crowne Plaza Palo Alto(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$349
$269
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
$269
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$109
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

The Zen Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$219
$89
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

The Westin Palo Alto(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$365
Westin.com
  • Pool
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$154
$519
Garden Court Hotel
  • Restaurant
$549
  • Restaurant
All reviewsciboattached restaurantcreek runningel caminoshuttle serviceconvenience storebeautiful groundscomplimentary winequiet locationstay there againfree shuttleparking lotstanford universitybottled waterthe palo alto areabed was comfortablebusiness trip
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Creekside Inn is an unexpected surprise with a great location and friendly, helpful staff. Great price and very well kept clean rooms. An ideal location just off the 101 for quick access to local businesses (Google, NASA, etc.).

While the rooms aren't large, they're clean and offer nice eco-friendly amenities. It's a hotel with a social conscience. They're big on recycling and use hybrids for their courtesy cars. The good news is they don't sacrifice traveler comfort.

Showing an understanding for business traveler needs, they've addressed a huge pet peeve of mine -- lack of enough accessible power outlets -- by attaching a simple 6-outlet power strip to the desk. Major hotel chains could learn tons from this and other simple solutions the Creekside Inn provides.

Another nice perk - most rooms have large balconies over looking a nicely landscaped property -- nice after spending time in a plane or car.

The front desk offers complimentary coffee and a good spread of basic baked goods in the morning -- no full breakfast, but basic caffeine and sugar before check-out. There's also some sort of mini market adjacent to the hotel, but it doesn't open until 7 a.m.

I visit this area often and have stayed at most of the two and three star hotels near Mountain View because of work destinations. This is the first hotel in the area I've been to that I'll plan on coming back to. Why? Well kept, clean rooms and a friendly staff who all appear to sincerely take pride in their hotel and like their jobs.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed st this hotel for a week while visiting Stanford University, just two miles away. This was one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel in a long time. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The car service was just perfect, no need to rent a car at all. The rooms were clean and spacious with very nice amenities. The gardens out back were a delightful view. The onsite restaurant Cibo was also great and reasonably priced. I had both breakfast and dinner there and was never disappointed by the food or the service. It was great that they also had a coin operated laundry room, especially when doing back to back trips with no opportunity to repack. Free wireless made things complete. If I ever have to return to Palo Alto for business again I will definitely return to the Creekside Inn, enormous value for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn! It is always a pleasure to host Stanford University guests as we are delighted that you enjoyed our botanical gardens, spacious rooms, and value packed amenities such as the complimentary wireless. Should your future travels bring you back to Palo Alto for business or leisure we would be delighted to have you as our guest.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Luis Carreno
Creekside Inn

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband booked this comfy hotel the day we were set to arrive. We arrived late that night and were presently surprised by the positive attitude of the staff at the front desk (despite the fact that it was 2:00 in the morning). The hotel's shuttle service dropped us off and picked us up at the exact time we requested. One front desk staff, Prabin, wrapped up our experience in the best way possible. On our last day in Palo Alto, we wanted to go visit Alcatraz in San Francisco. Despite the fact that many travel agencies told Prabin there were no more tickets available, he continued to call for almost one hour until he found tickets. Creekside Inn's customer service was great, in addition to the quiet, comfy rooms! Definitely plan on staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to submit such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. I am glad that you had an opportunity to use our complimentary shuttle and we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with our front office associate Prabin. It is great to know we are fulfilling our company’s vision by providing each guest with the opportunity to experience exceptional service!

Luis Carreno
Creekside Inn

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were graciously upgraded to the nicest building, suites, would have been more of a jump in price than I would have paid for... warm reception at front desk. Parking is a breeze, free, and internet included. There's a continental breakfast we didn't try. Clean as a whistle. Nice grounds, we wer over a stream... Overall, good... When rates are high in the area, this tends to be the most reasonable of the hotels I have stayed at in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MerlynKauai
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I looked at the photos of the hotel on the website and read the description - I was sure I will arrive to a very high quality boutique hotel. It was a nice try - but it wasn't there at all, compared to the price I payed. This is why:
1) The hotel is built as a pretty large complex of separate buildings - the nice building featuring on the hotel website is probably not the one you are going to get is you didn't book a fancy suite. I'm attaching a photo of a building where I was accommodated - not really a fancy boutique look and feel
2) The layout of the building and the room is an exact copy of local motels - the only window in the room faces the hallway external (probably the so-called "patios"), the basin is outside the bathroom, no bath - only shower.
3) The furniture is pretty similar to the motel layout (e.g. TV is in the closet)

Putting my expectations aside, the objective comments

Bad:
1) The water pressure was pretty low, and shower was very basic and small.
2) Breakfast is very "lean"
3) Reception staff wasn't super friendly
4) 8:30am they start a room service - and you hear it all very loudly in your room - every time the maid knocks on someones with a "housekeeping" attached to it - you hear it like she is at your door.
5) Restroom fan is VERY noisy
6) No remote control for the AC

Good
1) Bed / sheets / pillow / comforter - are high quality, I had a very good night sleep
2) The hotel and the area are very quiet
3) The toiletries / towels / bathrobe - are high quality
4) The garden area is very nice and well kept
5) There is an elevator
6) I was late half an hour with the checkout - but no one called to rush me

Bottom line: the hotel is pretty convenient, but its not the "Boutique" experience you would expect. If you have a car, and do not have to stay very close to Stanford - there are probably better options to get a better value for the money.