“Great hotel and great staff”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great hotel and great staff”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband booked this comfy hotel the day we were set to arrive. We arrived late that night and were presently surprised by the positive attitude of the staff at the front desk (despite the fact that it was 2:00 in the morning). The hotel's shuttle service dropped us off and picked us up at the exact time we requested. One front desk staff, Prabin, wrapped up our experience in the best way possible. On our last day in Palo Alto, we wanted to go visit Alcatraz in San Francisco. Despite the fact that many travel agencies told Prabin there were no more tickets available, he continued to call for almost one hour until he found tickets. Creekside Inn's customer service was great, in addition to the quiet, comfy rooms! Definitely plan on staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to submit such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. I am glad that you had an opportunity to use our complimentary shuttle and we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with our front office associate Prabin. It is great to know we are fulfilling our company’s vision by providing each guest with the opportunity to experience exceptional service!

Luis Carreno
Creekside Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kilauea, Hawaii
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were graciously upgraded to the nicest building, suites, would have been more of a jump in price than I would have paid for... warm reception at front desk. Parking is a breeze, free, and internet included. There's a continental breakfast we didn't try. Clean as a whistle. Nice grounds, we wer over a stream... Overall, good... When rates are high in the area, this tends to be the most reasonable of the hotels I have stayed at in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MerlynKauai
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I looked at the photos of the hotel on the website and read the description - I was sure I will arrive to a very high quality boutique hotel. It was a nice try - but it wasn't there at all, compared to the price I payed. This is why:
1) The hotel is built as a pretty large complex of separate buildings - the nice building featuring on the hotel website is probably not the one you are going to get is you didn't book a fancy suite. I'm attaching a photo of a building where I was accommodated - not really a fancy boutique look and feel
2) The layout of the building and the room is an exact copy of local motels - the only window in the room faces the hallway external (probably the so-called "patios"), the basin is outside the bathroom, no bath - only shower.
3) The furniture is pretty similar to the motel layout (e.g. TV is in the closet)

Putting my expectations aside, the objective comments

Bad:
1) The water pressure was pretty low, and shower was very basic and small.
2) Breakfast is very "lean"
3) Reception staff wasn't super friendly
4) 8:30am they start a room service - and you hear it all very loudly in your room - every time the maid knocks on someones with a "housekeeping" attached to it - you hear it like she is at your door.
5) Restroom fan is VERY noisy
6) No remote control for the AC

Good
1) Bed / sheets / pillow / comforter - are high quality, I had a very good night sleep
2) The hotel and the area are very quiet
3) The toiletries / towels / bathrobe - are high quality
4) The garden area is very nice and well kept
5) There is an elevator
6) I was late half an hour with the checkout - but no one called to rush me

Bottom line: the hotel is pretty convenient, but its not the "Boutique" experience you would expect. If you have a car, and do not have to stay very close to Stanford - there are probably better options to get a better value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rohnert Park, California, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We needed a place to stay while our son underwent heart surgery at LPCH @ Stanford. When calling around we were finding hotels to be in the 200+ range. Then we found Creekside Inn and it is only about 10mins from the hospital where we needed to be close for our son. Creekside Inn gave us a great deal and even offered us shuttle service to and from the hospital. It was very clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 2nd floor and loved our room and the view of the creek and waterfall from our room. Very peaceful. From check in to check out with Prabin at the front desk, we had a great experience and will most definitely be staying here again if/when we have to return for any other heart surgeries for our son or myself. We recommend this cute and clean place for anyone visiting in the area and needing a reasonable and comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 242 and it was quiet and very clean. We could park underneath the building with an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be peaceful, cleaned and comfortable. I hope that your son is doing well and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the hotel. Our shuttle service is a great amenity very much appreciated by all our customers and especially the patients at Stanford hospital. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Luis Carreno
Creekside Inn
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Creekside Inn during Thanksgiving week 2012 to visit relatives in the area.

If you make a reservation for the 15+ days discount be aware that it will be a payment in full with no refund if you cancel. The total shown on the web page at time of reservation does not include local taxes so what you see on your credit card statement will be slightly more.

Pros: We were quite happy with the hotel itself. It was clean and well maintained. The location was good. I was able to walk to the El Camino Real entrance to Stanford University in about 30 minutes. The food at the attached restaurant was good but not exactly cheap. The best bet for good cheap eats close by is the Driftwood Market Deli adjacent to the parking lot. They also have chips and sodas to drink as well as a coffee bar.

Cons: I thought the lighting in the rooms and bath could be a bit more bright. The shower fixture took a bit to figure out. It has a rod like thing under the faucet that engages the shower itself when pushed in.

Room Tip: This was our first stay but the rooms in the tower were nice. Ours was 310 and looked out over the h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at Creekside Inn twice in Palo Alto and was very pleased with the accommodations and service during my stays. The thing I appreciated most of all happened AFTER my last stay, when I realized I'd left my iTouch in the room. I emailed the hotel, got a prompt response from Luis Carreno (General Manager), and received my iTouch a few days later via FedEx. Next time I'm in Palo Alto, it's not hard to guess where I'll be staying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business