“Creekside Inn Thanksgiving week”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Auburn, Washington
“Creekside Inn Thanksgiving week”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Creekside Inn during Thanksgiving week 2012 to visit relatives in the area.

If you make a reservation for the 15+ days discount be aware that it will be a payment in full with no refund if you cancel. The total shown on the web page at time of reservation does not include local taxes so what you see on your credit card statement will be slightly more.

Pros: We were quite happy with the hotel itself. It was clean and well maintained. The location was good. I was able to walk to the El Camino Real entrance to Stanford University in about 30 minutes. The food at the attached restaurant was good but not exactly cheap. The best bet for good cheap eats close by is the Driftwood Market Deli adjacent to the parking lot. They also have chips and sodas to drink as well as a coffee bar.

Cons: I thought the lighting in the rooms and bath could be a bit more bright. The shower fixture took a bit to figure out. It has a rod like thing under the faucet that engages the shower itself when pushed in.

Room Tip: This was our first stay but the rooms in the tower were nice. Ours was 310 and looked out over the h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairfax
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at Creekside Inn twice in Palo Alto and was very pleased with the accommodations and service during my stays. The thing I appreciated most of all happened AFTER my last stay, when I realized I'd left my iTouch in the room. I emailed the hotel, got a prompt response from Luis Carreno (General Manager), and received my iTouch a few days later via FedEx. Next time I'm in Palo Alto, it's not hard to guess where I'll be staying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for just one night and at first I was a little hesitant from the look of the place from the road but as I got closer it looked liked a quiet and interesting place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a great size and the balcony was huge! My view was of the pool but it wasn't a bad view. Due to the weather at the time I didn't sit outside but I wish I could of. The restaurant was a little pricey and the staff wasn't that friendly but the food was great! The bar area was having a private party so I couldn't check it out. Even though is was close to the main road I could not hear the traffic at any point during my stay. It is a short drive to Stanford University, Shopping Center and the University shopping area. I would highly recommend this place for people staying in the area

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your room and pool view! In addition to our pool view rooms, we have creek view guest rooms as our property is nestled along Matadero Creek and a lush landscape of gardens and oak trees, making the Creekside Inn is a peaceful escape for vacation, business travelers and special events. Please be assured that we will pass along your comments to our restaurant partners. Thank you for acknowledging our location as well! As you mentioned, we are a short jaunt from downtown Palo Alto and University Avenue, Stanford University, and Stanford Shopping Center.

We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Happy Holidays!

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Creekside Inn looks a bit like your run of the mill motel on first glance, but it's not. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely updated, and the balconies overlooking the trees and the creek (it really is creek-side) make it something of a little oasis. Room service is provided by Cibo, a great Italian restaurant adjoining the hotel. The food is much better than standard hotel fare and the prices are very reasonable. The hotel also offers shuttle service within 5 miles - a very friendly fellow will drive you wherever you need to go in a nice little Prius. Finally, the service at Creekside is outstanding. They really go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. My stays in Palo Alto are usually a couple of weeks and I always choose Creekside over the chain hotels near University Ave for all the reasons I just mentioned. You can't beat it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share positive feedback about your recent stay at the Creekside Inn! It’s so nice to be appreciated for being a little different than most hotels in the Palo Alto area. As a boutique style property within a garden setting we can offer our guests a unique experience, one closer to the comforts of home. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

arnold
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I can not say enough about how understanding the staff was when we stayed here. We had appointments at the hospital and our procedures where done 3 hours before check in. I called about checking in early because of this and the front desk assured us our room would be ready by the time we got there. Not only was the room ready but the staff was so sweet and understanding of our situation. i would highly recommend the Creekside Inn for any reason but they will always hold a special place in our hearts for their kindness. I have seen the negative reviews and believe that they are the squeaky wheels looking for a free room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. It is great to know we are fulfilling our company’s vision by providing each guest with the opportunity to experience exceptional service! We will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the staff and hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Dayton, Nevada, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Overall stay was great! They do a lot of the little things that make a big difference. Very secure, quiet and comfortable. Our bathtub drained extremely slow when we showered, but that is the ONLY thing that is slightly negative about our stay. Very clean and well kept, they even mop the outdoor tile walkways!!!!

We will surely stay again.

Room Tip: A little bit extra for a king room is worth he extra space you get... and the balcony rooms make it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. We are glad that you found our settings to be secure, quiet and comfortable. Our housekeeping department takes a lot of pride in providing a clean and well kept facility for all our guests. It is great to know we are fulfilling our company’s vision by providing each guest with the opportunity to experience exceptional service!

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The location in Palo Alto was perfect for visiting our daughter in Redwood City. King bed was very comfortable, bathroom amenities great. Very quiet room. We heard no one else even though it seemed the place was full. I agree w/ other visitors that there was a musty smell, but we kept the sliding door open and it was fine. Noisy air conditioner which we turned off.

Room Tip: The rooms on south side are sunnier.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family