“Nice place!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Shoreview, Minnesota
“Nice place!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights while on business nearby. My 4th floor room was cozy, clean and comfortable. Great service, very friendly when I checked in. Ordered room service for breakfast both days and was very pleased. I was dissappointed I didn't get a chance to try to wine in the restaurant. It was a nice added bonus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vienna Va
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was here on business and my wife was sightseeing. We were really pleased with this hotel. The room was well equipped and quiet. My only complaint was the pocket (sliding) door to the bathroom, which was heavy and somewhat hard to move. The front desk service was terrific. Free evening wine in the adjoining restaurant was good enough. My rate included a hot breakfast, which was nice, though limited to eggs entrees with toast, juice and coffee. Traffic here was light enough and the location was convenient.

Vallejo, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service was 5 stars. Edwin did a great job making me feel at home and helping me finding nearby dining and reccomened the Fish Market which was great. I've never checked in to a hotel and had such a friendly front desk experience. He followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was fine and replace my pillows with feather ones. The hotel has a very pleasent feel(kind of tropical). The only thing I did not like was that they had no juice for breakfast. Definitely reccomend this hotel.

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service was excellent and made us feel comfortable. it felt like home. It was very clean and
the shuttle service was accommodating. The people treated us like family. The place gave you
calmness and peace. The fountains, beautiful gardens and the nature surrounding the hotel rooms
create a reflective atmosphere. The rate was so reasonable. This will be our hotel in Palo Alto from now on!

Room Tip: Talk to Elena, the reservation coordinator, about the room that you need and want. She will definit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I felt sick to my stomach when the Super Shuttle pulled into hotel's parking lot, and it wasn't from carsickness. I realized I was paying $300/night for a 40 yr. old MOTEL room with an exterior entrance and some fancy plants in the courtyard. The landscaping around the paths and courtyards looks nice, but that's not where I slept.

The room was clean, and there was an in-room coffee pot with free coffee. And free toiletries that claimed to be all ecofriendly and green. That's about all the positives I can remember. They offered free shuttle service and it worked to get me to Stanford in the mornings, but the evenings were a crap shoot. I'd often be left standing on the sidewalk for 30-45 min. waiting for the driver and they'd claim the delay was because of heavy traffic although it was past 8pm. Negatives: scratchy towels that felt like a thin cheap paper towel, tiny bathroom and shower, worn-out mattress with very little support left in it, road noise from El Camino Real (I was in Rm. 344). Although the hotel seemed empty, they put me in a room that was very close to the busy road, which I didn't appreciate.

This place was depressing and I dreaded returning here each night. It should have been bulldozed in 1990 and then they could have started fresh from the ground up. I think they did all the landscaping work to try and cover up the fact that the whole complex is a bunch of run-down old buildings. Yes, there are some relaxing corners in the garden with bubbling fountains, but those aren't more important than a decent bed to sleep in and a decent bathroom.

I wouldn't recommend this MOTEL to any friend or colleague coming to Palo Alto. Maybe the price I paid was driven upwards because I was attending a conference and there were many visitors seeking few rooms. The cost was just way, way out of proportion to the quality of lodging.

Buyer beware on the Creekside Inn. They had a great photographer for those shots that are on their website, but why do you think so many shots are of the landscaping?

Room Tip: Find another hotel
1 Thank ambough
CreeksideMGR, Director of Sales at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Although we are extremely disappointed we did not meet your expectations, we do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Creekside Inn. While it is true our property is a longstanding fixture in the Palo Alto community and borders on having historical landmark status, our owners have gone to great lengths to provide a comfortable experience for our guests. We realize our boutique style hotel spread over 3.5 landscaped acres may not appeal to everyone. Many of our loyal customers appreciate a different experience. Additionally, our room types vary in size. We apologize for any inconvenience the delay of our shuttle service may have caused and have taken measures to correct any scheduling issues. As for the bedding, we have recently upgraded our mattresses.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Toya Barnette
Director of Sales & Marketing
The Creekside Inn
San Clemente, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Stanford campus as we were moving our son into his dorm after a long drive to the area. The rates were very reasonable for the accommodations that are offered. We stayed in a suite as our son was with us the first evening of our arrival which made the rate much more affordable than two hotel rooms would have cost. A selection of restaurants at the facility and in walking distance was another convenience and I loved the small kitchenette should I desire to stay longer than a couple nights in future stays. We did not have the opportunity to use the gym or pool facilities during our stay. Wireless internet access and a happy hour and breakfast (coffee/pastries) were offered at no additional charge. We were fortunate to be in a very quiet location of the facility as well. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite we stayed in in Building F was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have all positive things to say about this hotel. From the time I checked in to check out 4 days later, I felt quite comfortable at this adorable hotel. I was very fortunate to show up at the hotel to see if I wanted to stay at this hotel. I was so kindly helped by Solomon, at the front desk. He showed me a few room options and this is what sealed it for me! He was incredibly friendly and helpful and I felt welcome. I was on the second floor with a private patio, overlooking a beautiful creekside view. The hotel actually looks like the pics on the website! I enjoyed all of the amenities! The exercise room, pool, courtyard for drinks with friends in the evening....... Just fabulous! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room with a king size bed is the way to go for the private balcony. Very comfortable beds too.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo