“Close to Stanford with excellent accommodations for a reasonable rate”

Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Stanford campus as we were moving our son into his dorm after a long drive to the area. The rates were very reasonable for the accommodations that are offered. We stayed in a suite as our son was with us the first evening of our arrival which made the rate much more affordable than two hotel rooms would have cost. A selection of restaurants at the facility and in walking distance was another convenience and I loved the small kitchenette should I desire to stay longer than a couple nights in future stays. We did not have the opportunity to use the gym or pool facilities during our stay. Wireless internet access and a happy hour and breakfast (coffee/pastries) were offered at no additional charge. We were fortunate to be in a very quiet location of the facility as well. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite we stayed in in Building F was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have all positive things to say about this hotel. From the time I checked in to check out 4 days later, I felt quite comfortable at this adorable hotel. I was very fortunate to show up at the hotel to see if I wanted to stay at this hotel. I was so kindly helped by Solomon, at the front desk. He showed me a few room options and this is what sealed it for me! He was incredibly friendly and helpful and I felt welcome. I was on the second floor with a private patio, overlooking a beautiful creekside view. The hotel actually looks like the pics on the website! I enjoyed all of the amenities! The exercise room, pool, courtyard for drinks with friends in the evening....... Just fabulous! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room with a king size bed is the way to go for the private balcony. Very comfortable beds too.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here with my family for a wedding. We rented a number of rooms. I really liked the eco-consciousness of the hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful. There were electric car charging stations if needed, and close to Stanford and rental car offices.

The pool was nice and clean, the water pressure was amazing, and even the restaurant attached had reasonably priced food that was certainly good.

Room Tip: The first level rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I recently hosted a meeting at the Creekside Inn in Palo Alto, California.

I was so impressed!

The site is beautiful, well maintained and overall, very peaceful. The Customer Service was excellent.

I had to set up a meeting room and I had the opportunity to work with many of the staff including Guadalupe. The staff was excellent but Guadalupe stood out because he was such a gentleman. He went out of his way to make my meeting successful without me telling him what to do, he knew. I was so grateful to come in contact with someone who really took pride in his work.

The meeting went well and I left knowing that the participants were comfortable.

Thank you Creekside and especially Guadalupe. I will definitely recommend this site and return to this site as much as possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Creekside inn is a perfect homebase for a holiday around the bay area. It's close to the highway, but not so close that you can hear it, and it's also easy to get here from the airport. The hotel offers you free wifi, great rooms and a swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

After looking at the photos that the hotel sells itself on I feel the photographer should be commended. The grounds and buildings are no way near as luxurious as it claims. The rooms themselves were spacious and clean but I must comment in how dark they are. Breakfast is a half hearted attempted and not worth the effort to get up.

Having travelled along the west coast for a month and stayed in other 3* hotels along the way I feel this was slightly disappointing. Although only minutes away from Stanford and 2.5 miles from the shopping centre the area doesn't really have much to offer.

• Stayed: July 2012
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest;

Although we are disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations, we do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. The layout of our boutique style hotel, nestled within a park like setting of over 3.5 acres of landscaped grounds does not appeal to everyone but our natural wooded creek setting is the enticing reason many of our guests choose to stay with us. Additionally, we are steadfast in our attempt to do our part in conserving the planet and the eco approved bulbs used throughout the hotel do take a few moments to warm to full brightness, hence the reason for the initial seemingly dim lighted rooms.

We sincerely hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Creekside Inn.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,
Luis Carreno
Creekside Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I traveled to Palo Alto on business and stayed at the Creekside for a few days and what a treat. The hotel was located close enough to everything I needed and ended up making a business trip into sort of a vacation. Even though I was at a conference for ten hours a day, coming back to this hotel every night was something to look forward to. Definitely not your typical hotel by any means.

The property is broken up into several types of buildings all mixed in with tons of trees, plants, water features and gardens so it makes for an interesting experience just walking around. It felt so relaxing and peaceful everywhere I went. The room was fantastic, I ended up on the third floor and had a balcony in the front overlooking a big area, including a stream and bridge. There was wildlife all over and the sunrise and sunsets were sort of amazing.

The hotel is not new at all and I was completely impressed by how well everything was maintained and kept up on. My room had an amazing retro feel to it with lots of light coming in from both sides. It was clean, beds were really comfortable and the pillows were great as well.

There is a great restaurant on site and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and a full bar to hang out in. Also a connivence store on site with liquor was nice. The front desk employees were super nice and helpful for the entire stay. I noticed the property also had electric car hookups and plenty of parking. I will stay here again for sure. Its not a newer property but its got a certain magic that you just can't find very often.

Room Tip: I stayed in the north most building and it was fantastic. Nice and quiet for sure.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business