Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel
$499
  • Restaurant
$115
$110
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$249
$212
Dinahs Garden
$295
Westin.com
  • Pool
$549
  • Restaurant
The Zen Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
The Zen Hotel
Hotel Parmani(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$169
Travelocity
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$129
Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
$144
$140
All reviewsciboattached restaurantcreek runningel caminoshuttle serviceconvenience storecomplimentary winegrounds are beautifulstay there againfree shuttlestanford universityparking lotbottled waterthe palo alto areabed was comfortablebusy streetbusiness trip
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I stayed for 6 nights in a luxury king room near the fountain and garden. Room had all features I was looking for such as these: very comfortable bed, chair and ottoman; exceptionally clean bathroom with plenty of towels; and a spacious desk with adjustable lamp and comfortable desk chair. One thing that gave a luxury, clean feel to the bed was the extra sheet on top of the blanket. This was a great touch along with several extra pillows. It seems the Creedside thought of everything I might need and had it available. I especially liked the complimentary bottled water since I often don't like to drink from the tap and often forget to bring water. I was most impressed by the convenience of having a chauffered town car available for my trips to Stanford and to other Palo Alto spots. Staff was helpful and friendly. I liked the unassuming character and charm of this intimate hotel better than some newer but high-priced, impersonal hotels. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the great deli onsite with wonderful sandwiches and friendly owners.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed September 9, 2007

I stayed here twice in a week. I was staying at the Tower on both occasions. On the first stay, I was given a room facing the road and it was noisy. On the second stay, I requested for a room facing the courtyard and it was quiet.

The room is well appointed and the location is very near Stanford shopping centre.

Simple breakfast is served at the reception, ranging from muffins and donuts.

I would definitely come back to stay!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Stayed at the Creekside Inn 8/7-8/9 on a business trip. The hotel (really converted motel) is clean, fairly modern, and very convenient to the tech area of Palo Alto.

Check in was easy - no problems. The Creekside is layed out as several detached two story buildings with exterior entrances. The back buildings are a little dark at night so if that spooks you request a room closer to the front desk area.

Room was large and very clean. Lot's of amenities - free wifi, free bottled water, lots of included toiletries, good work area, large TV with plenty of channels. Bed was comfortable and shower had plenty of water pressure. There is also a fridge, safe, and iron and ironing board in the room. I got the sense this place was trying to follow the Westin model and they are pretty close.

Housekeeping was a bit loud in the AM - starting at 8:00 AM.

There is a restaurant on site that provides room service (I did not use). Plenty of restaurants within a mile or two . The fish market restaurant is within walking distance. University Avenue restaurants and shops (nice area) are about a 3 mile drive.

All in all a solid place to stay. They try hard - from the nice grounds to the thoughtful amenities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Familytripster
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The Creekside was a great surprise. I had read all the Tripadvisor reviews and took the plunge and booked a 6 day stay.
I was so happy there. It was my first time in Palo Alto and the prices of the other BIG hotels SHOCKED me. I wasn't on an expense account and I certainly didn't want to pay upwards of $400 to $650 a night at the Westin etc.
The Creekside was very cute. Very clean rooms. Very cute courtyard atmosphere. Very quiet. It was surprisingly quiet in the hubbub and hoopla of El Camino Real. Very efficient, friendly, helpful front desk. Nice access to computer w/ printer in lobby. I had free wireless in the room too.
The little pool was heated and clean and a nice dip refreshed me after dealing with the terrible Palo Alto traffic. (I didn't use the FREE town-car shuttle to anywhere in a 5 mile radius of the hotel...but how cool is that???)
The free coffee and muffins and bagels and tea in the lobby in the AM were delicious and grainy and healthy. Wonderful bathroom products were replenished each day by housekeeper. The small gym had everything you need for a good workout and was clean and cool. Funky deli next to gym was convenient for filling my in room QUIET mini fridge with drinks and fruit and yogurt.
The restaurant attached to the Creekside, CIBO, was so yummy!
It was also the fastest room service I have ever experienced. A full breakfast for 2 arrived at our door less than 10 minutes after we ordered (each morning so not a fluke). Dinners arrived piping hot and delicious.
I would go back to the Creekside
Checkout was easy.No surprises.
I also recommend the taco restaurant EL GRULLENSE one block down the street as a great place to have some very authentic tacos in a clean but no frills environment

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank curiousinconnecticut
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I stayed here for 2 weeks whilst working at Stanford. It is by far the nicest hotel I saw on El Camino, the others motels looked pretty down at heel. However it is still essentially a spruced up motel. It's not in the same league as the Westin or Stanford Park Hotel.
I had a ground floor King Patio room overlooking the creek. It was a good size, comfortable, very clean, and usually quiet. One catch is that it faced North and so was dark, even at mid-day. The on-site Cibo cafe is reasonable but is not great food (fine for breakfast though). You'll want to eat dinner elsewhere if you are staying more than a couple of days.

A few notes for people who, like me, won't have a car with them when they are there: Creekside Inn quite a way down El Camino and so is too far from Stanford or central Palo Alto to walk. So take advantage
of the the shuttle service which is good (brand new limos). The catch
is you will probably be sharing cars with other guests in the morning
and the service stops at 9pm. This is relevent because nearly all the
best local restaurants are all in central Palo Alto (there is a night
bus though). If you want to be staying next to where the action
is, don't choose Creekside Inn.

The staff were OK. Not the most cheerful and, with one exception, not
the super-helpful ones I read about in other people's reviews. In summary: choose this place in preference to Travelodge or Stanford Motor Inn if you want somewhere a bit better and more comfortable. But if you want luxury and pampering, head for the Westin or Stanford
Park Hotel.