WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Berbeda Place
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Los Altos Hills, California
“A Hidden Gem on the Peninsula”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

This property is very well-situated on El Camino Real close to the California Avenue business and restaurant district. The remodeled rooms are kept spotlessly clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The rates are a terrific bargain. I don't mind that there aren't a lot of amenities since the area already has so much to offer. The beds are extremely comfortable and there is surprisingly little traffic noise.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I called this hotel to inquire about availability and rates for specific dates - I was told to go to the website! He said he could not tell me the rates - 'they are on the website; it changes for each week, so you need to look them up'; when I asked about proximity to Stanford University and what public transportation was available - I was again told to check the website . . . . nevermind, I don't need to pay for that kind of customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank notachance589

Travelers are raving about these Palo Alto hotels

SEATLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I travel a few times a year to the Palo Alto Area, and after trying out different Places, I came up on Palo Alto Lodge On a Website. I was impressed for the first time that I walked into the office. The property is Nicely kept and great Location with no traffic noise. I noticed that the rooms have been recently remodeled, something thats always a plus when looking for somewhere clean and modern. Parking is plentiful and the lighting is not an issue. I have stayed in this property a couple of times, and so far I have no reasons to try somewhere else.

Room Tip: My preference is always Non-smoking with a king Bed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

For the price, this was a terrific value. I recommended it to several friends, and I believe they'll be going there as well when they head down to the Palo Alto area in March. My room was clean, the staff was friendly, and I didn't have any complaints. A couple of other people have written on here that the rooms are "cozy," but mine seemed spacious enough. Enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hayward, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

This family owned establishment has been freshly remodeled and is a wonderful place to stay. The owners are very friendly and passionate about providing great service. The rooms are cozy and stylish! The decor has an updated yet classic style that is simple, clean and welcoming. If you stay here you have to check out the huge plants next to the front office. The owners had it brought here from India and the flowers are amazing! They only bloom once in the very early morning hours but they are a sight to be seen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with my booking at this hotel, as the rooms and amenities were perfectly clean, well decorated and very up-to-date! It was a great value for the price. Our room was very clean, with great decor and a lot of room to store our things. Everyone was very friendly, and perfectly accommodating to all of our requests. Next time I'm in the area, I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: They have some really fun room types, so be sure to look at all of your options!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greeley, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I booked 4 nights through Amex Business Travel, as it was the only hotel available, and the cancellation provisions were 1 nights R&T if cancelled within 2 days of arrival. I checked in, and went to my room. The sheets on the bed was pulled back and I found a USED CONDOM on the bed (yeach). I went to the front desk and "Mike" the desk clerk told me that housekeeping had left and that was the only room available. I asked for a refund of the other 3 nights and Mike told me that since I checked in, I was responsible for all 4 nights. I've stayed at close to 100 hotels over the years and never heard of such a thing.

I called Amex travel, and they tried talking to Mike, and they told me that he was "belligerent". I had them make me a reservation for those 4 nights at the Residence Inn, which had a last minute cancellation. I surrendered my key to Mike, and the total time I was at the hotel was less than 1 hour.

After I found that I had, indeed, been charged for 4 nights R&T, I escalated this with Amex Travel, and they tried calling the owner a few times and always got "Mike" who told them:

1. The owner was in India and would not be back for several months.
2. That I was not entitled to a refund as I had stayed one night, which Amex Travel told him was not correct as THEY had made the reservation at Residence Inn for the same 4 days.

After a few months of trying to work things out, I filed a merchant dispute, but lost the dispute because I had checked in, even though I was there for less than an hour, and that they cannot refund based on the "quality of service provided".

I have travelled to over 40 states and 14 countries, and this was THE WORSE customer service I have ever received and I ended up paying $380.80 (4 nights room and tax) which I can't, of course, expense, because I refused to sleep in a bed with a used condom in it.

Neither I nor Amex Travel were ever actually able to speak to the owner, and Mike was our single point of contact.

I understand that there will be problems, but what is telling is what a company does to make it right. Mike made no effort to make it right, or even cooperate or compromise. I was willing to pay one night R&T, but he charged me for all 4 nights, though I was at the hotel less than an hour.

Mike told me "What do you expect for $85"? I said "a room where the bed doesn't have a used condom in it"!

Room Tip: Inspect the room BEFORE you check in, but even if you do that, they may tell you that the room is &q...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business