“Good Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University
Transit: CalTran Palo Alto station.
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Not the best italian food, but decent. Small restaurant, a bit too noisy for my taste. Food was good, not sure I'll go back.

Reviewed May 20, 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here last night and had a really nice time. The place was pretty empty and the waiter was very nice and helpful with recommendations

We started with an appetizer of eggplant, zucchini and salami, all delicious. My girlfriend has the gnocchi which was very tender and I had the salmon on recommendation which was very good as well.

We ran out of room for dessert, but maybe next time.

Reviewed March 21, 2015

This little restaurant is tucked onto Bryant Street in Palo Alto. The decor is clean but not distinguished. We had to summon our waiter twice, once to get drinks and the other time to get our bill. The shrimp with chili and garlic was delicious as was the gnocchi with pesto.
Otherwise, the food was unremarkable. There is no chicken on the menu. Would not race back but it was definitely worth trying.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

I am italian so my bar is naturally high on italian places. I found Vero a good place, and I'd recommend it. Had antipasti, a mix of seafood- and pasta-based main courses and desserts, all very good and very very close to true italian. In terms of wines we had Prosecco and Sangiovese, both very good.
I liked a lot the environment as well: small place, not too many tables, not noisy (well, we were a party of ten so we did all the noise). Being in downtown Palo Alto you can have a nice digestive walk once you are done with your food, and this makes even more an italian experience of your dinner or lunch. Definitely a place I'd want to come back to.

Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

Vero is near city hall of Palo Alto. They send quite authentic Italian food. It's not fancy but quite good. I enjoyed their seafood salad appetizer and the shrimp risotto. Probably the only disappointment was that they did not grate the parmesan cheese at the table. I also liked their crostata apple with ice cream